Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tube or mini front fenders?

Old 06-01-2008, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tube or mini front fenders?

Are the Purejeep or Poison Spyder front tube fenders available? Any other options other than the Zenon or Bushwacker(too big)? Looking for smaller flares and/or tube style. Pics?
Old 06-01-2008, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

I also thought about removing the front fenders completely. Would it damage the body from rocks/debris without the fenders?
Old 06-01-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by k9driver
Are the Purejeep or Poison Spyder front tube fenders available? Any other options other than the Zenon or Bushwacker(too big)? Looking for smaller flares and/or tube style. Pics?

Have you seen the narrow Xenons? They are 1.5" more narrow than stock. There are a couple of people on the board who have them. I think they look great. At $500 a set, they're cheaper than most tube fronts.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you pull your fenders the cops are going to be on your case. If you go that route call a cop station and get a hold of the traffic section, they'll tell you the laws.

My buddy has an old YJ with 33x12's that stick pretty far out and has little tiny fender extensions and he got razzed by the cops all the time in Vancouver about em. Never did get an actual ticket, but being pulled over a bunch is a hassle.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Renegade
Have you seen the narrow Xenons? They are 1.5" more narrow than stock. There are a couple of people on the board who have them. I think they look great. At $500 a set, they're cheaper than most tube fronts.
Do you have any other pic's?
Old 06-02-2008, 05:33 AM
JK Super Freak

My 35s go out an inch or 2 past the fender. no tickets yet in toronto!
Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

for $200 more you can get tube fenders that will last lot longer then the plastic ones. If you hit any trails, those plasic fenders will not last at all.

BTW.. when River Raider was making my Tuber fenders I ran around fenderless for couple weeks and I did get pulled over in Maryland. The cops were actually cool about it once I explained what happened. Told them I lost my fenders on the trail, which isn't a complete lie since i did lose a rear and a front on the trail. :-)

Originally Posted by Renegade
Old 06-03-2008, 03:43 PM
JK Junkie

for $200 more you can get tube fenders that will last lot longer then the plastic ones. If you hit any trails, those plasic fenders will not last at all.

can you get the river raider ones for 700 bucks ? i thought they where alittle more ? thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blockrockin

can you get the river raider ones for 700 bucks ? i thought they where alittle more ? thanks

i believe they start $800 depends on the finish. but yes they do hold up very well. have hit the trails several times and no damage except for taint on the fender. I'll try to get some pics this weekend at Big Dogs.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MD_Rubi
i believe they start $800 depends on the finish. but yes they do hold up very well. have hit the trails several times and no damage except for taint on the fender. I'll try to get some pics this weekend at Big Dogs.
thanks i really like the river raider ones. it would be nice to see some more pics !

Quick Reply: Tube or mini front fenders?