Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tube Doors , any recommendations

Old 02-28-2012, 11:03 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-UTE
Eddie, in your picture above, is that your mirror solution or OR-Fab's solution?
it's my solution
Old 02-28-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I have a set of those too...they are nice but, i'm not as fond of the mirror solution. for now, i am running something that i made myself.
Thanks Eddie. Do they rattle at all?
Old 02-28-2012, 01:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rugged Ridge, no rattle.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LOST
Rugged Ridge, no rattle.
Is there any issues with the latch ??? Those look almost like the OR FABs but with a better mirror bracket
Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

I'm running the OR-Fab rock doors as well. I have to wrap electrical tape around the factory door latch to keep them from rattling. My tube doors didn't have enough adjustment to get the doors to close solid without adjusting the factory latch. So instead of messing with the factory latch, I just put a few wraps of tape around each latch. Other than that, I couldn't be happier with em.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am looking at a used set of bestop element tube doors with the storage bags for $125. I have never had the doors and i am not sure if i would even use them. Are the bestop doors any good?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5Ib5Nf5M43E73M43Hac6rc189faddc5e51b17.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	336690  
Old 07-26-2012, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Thought I would bump this back up to provide some thoughts. I just installed the Or-Fabs last night. If anybody just has to see pics I could post some, but they look just like the other 982 pics of Or-Fab rock doors wandering various threads in the forum.

1) Packed like nothing I've ever seen. I guarantee those doors didn't shift 1/16" from the time they left Or-Fab until I opened the box. No chance of damage during shipping.
2) Very solid, well-constructed, confidence inspiring materials. Absolutely no complaints regarding the materials or build quality. Top-notch.
3) Instructions are worthless. If you have a reasonable comfort level with this kind of thing, you can probably figure it out without instructions. If not, find a write-up. I took about 5 minutes to look over a write-up and pressed on with the install. First door = 45 minutes or so. Had all doors installed in a little less than 2 hours.
4) I achieved a completely rattle free fit. Hinge and latch adjustibility allows you to play with it until you get it just right. The various rubber fittings also help. Totally satisfied with the fit of the doors. Couldn't ask for better.
5) The foam padding and door "dressing" (you know what I'm talking about, the black fabric piece with the lizard on it. it's not mesh and not net so I'm not sure exactly what to call it) is one of the biggest PITAs I've ever experienced. I guess they size it to accomodate stretching, but it took every bit of hand and arm strength I have just to get the velcro fastened around the foam so that it wouldn't pull apart. And doing that pulled a little of the stitching loose on two of the doors. Or-Fab really needs to rethink the sizing of the "dressing" piece.

Overall, I'm happy. I feel like I put quality stuff on the Jeep, and they really do have a nice look.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wittys-jk

I run the smittys as well and I took care of the rattle by wrapping the door catch with a little electrical tape and it went away completely. I also bought a set of after market mirrors and modded them on so I wouldn't have to remove my stockers. I just got the rear doors and haven't put them on yet. I'll shoot some pics when I do and repost.
Picture is old, pre lift and a slew of other upgrades but you get the idea.
Hey can you tell me where you got these mirrors please?
Old 04-06-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jkrubcon

Hey can you tell me where you got these mirrors please?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-35832614.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	443793

Old 04-13-2013, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Smittybilt tube doors

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2293858101.jpg
Views:	374