Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trxus STS Tread Life?

Old 01-26-2012, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trxus STS Tread Life?

Ok i have the opportunity to get 4 33" trxus sts tires for around 400 dollars. He said they have about 25k miles on them. Since these tires usually run about 300-350 a piece, im seriously considering this deal, however i would like to know how much life they have left in them. If anyone has any experience with these tires, any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-26-2012, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Oh and I'm on stock SR-A s right now with about 40k miles
Old 01-29-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Nobody has these tires???
Old 01-29-2012, 10:24 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i ran a set on my old tj and got maybe 30,000 on them before i sold them. at the rate they were wearing out, i may have been able to get about 40,000 good useable miles out of them. you should know these are a really tough tire to balance too.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i ran a set on my old tj and got maybe 30,000 on them before i sold them. at the rate they were wearing out, i may have been able to get about 40,000 good useable miles out of them. you should know these are a really tough tire to balance too.
So maybe pass on these? I was really just looking for anything to replace my stockers, but maybe i should just save my money.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:05 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by landon77
So maybe pass on these? I was really just looking for anything to replace my stockers, but maybe i should just save my money.
they're a tough tire for sure and do well enough on the trail but, if it were me, i would pass on them.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
they're a tough tire for sure and do well enough on the trail but, if it were me, i would pass on them.
Same here. Had them on a TJ and got little over 35K miles on them and they were shot, course I didn't rotate them like I should. Great tire for the trail though! Like WOL said, hard to balance...I had weights all over my wheel. If you could get them for a little cheaper and some cheap wheels & just throw them on when you go to the trail, that might be another option.

Quick Reply: Trxus STS Tread Life?