Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trusses and gussets.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trusses and gussets.

I want to truss/gusset my front D 44 after watching a front axle housing snap this past Sunday. My rear already has a truss from the suspension. What are your opinions on this package?

Artec Jeep JK Front Axle Armor Kit

If I go with this, should I sleeve the axles as well?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know that a truss is stronger than sleeving and that when you sleeve you more limited to aftermarket axle upgrades. this summer ill be doing the front and rear artec truss's too before 37's
Old 04-08-2014, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BIGNICK
I know that a truss is stronger than sleeving and that when you sleeve you more limited to aftermarket axle upgrades. this summer ill be doing the front and rear artec truss's too before 37's
I think I'm going for it. My rear has the truss from the JK 3.5 X Factor Coil Over Long Arm System I'm just rolling 35s now but, after I wear these out I plan on 37s. Should I add gussets to the rear?
Old 04-08-2014, 01:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nitro sleeves allow for 35 spline axle shafts. Im running nitro sleeves and a pure jeep truss. Very confident in this housing now.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D_engel
Nitro sleeves allow for 35 spline axle shafts. Im running nitro sleeves and a pure jeep truss. Very confident in this housing now.
I think I'm going to truss for now and when I move up to 37s or 38s I'll just get the Dynatrac 60 Axle Assemblies.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

I was a lucky one and snapped my axle. Now I have nitro sleeves full Artec truss and RCVAXLES. arb 5:13 locker. Should be pretty much bomb proof now. Lol. You can never over do it after you've snapped one! Lol.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally i like the artec trusses i have. I dont have the same one, but mine fit very well and seem pretty beefy, they also weld to the axle in many places.

I dont think the purejeep truss or some of the other ones out there would be a bad set up though either. It is nice to have them reinforce that passenger upper mount also.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is from ARTEC and is their opinion you can obviously make a choice for yourself but:

"There is no reason to do both the sleeve and the truss, they do the same thing, the truss is just better at doing it. All you would be doing is adding unnecessary weight which puts more stress on the gears, axle shafts, and u-joints.

I went with just trusses and purchased the complete kit you described you would not be disappointed in it.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have their kit upfront. It's a lot lighter then it looks and IMO, def worth it. If your doing it yourself make sure you got some beer handy. It's a very touch and go process
Old 04-08-2014, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Maertz
Personally i like the artec trusses i have. I dont have the same one, but mine fit very well and seem pretty beefy, they also weld to the axle in many places.

I dont think the purejeep truss or some of the other ones out there would be a bad set up though either. It is nice to have them reinforce that passenger upper mount also.
Thanks for the pic. I just put the order in.

Last edited by thevaporchef; 04-08-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Trusses and gussets.