Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Truss install cost

Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truss install cost

I'm going to be getting an artec truss and gussets installed soon and was curious what others have paid for install costs. Local shop quoted me $425 labor, that includes dropping and reinstalling the axle. Seem fair?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kellerexpress
I'm going to be getting an artec truss and gussets installed soon and was curious what others have paid for install costs. Local shop quoted me $425 labor, that includes dropping and reinstalling the axle. Seem fair?
Actually, that's not far off the mark. If you realize that they must do all that work, removal, prep, welding carefully, painting, and re-assembly, then it's a lot of work. So that amount of 425 is fair. I'd pay that. That truss takes a lot of prep and if you don't know what you're doing, you can warp the axle housing with heat. Go for it.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

It can all be done without the axle removed. it is also all external so I would say 3 hrs of labor is fair. it should only be around $275-$300.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed this on my rig and yes it is a shit ton of work but well worth it! If a buddy asked me to do his I'd say roughly $350-400 for labor. Mainly due to the welding and pre and post heat that needs to be done to the cast.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Cool, Thanks for the Input

Quick Reply: Truss install cost