Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

truetrac questions

Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truetrac questions

I'm planning on regearing to 4.56s and putting truetracs in front and rear on my 2012 jk sport. My question for guys running these is what brand of gears did you use. I've read that in some cases the carrier may need to be drilled out due to some gear brands not using dual bolt patterns in the ring gears. I'd rather not go through the headache of trying to find a place in jersey that is suitably equipped to drill out the carrier.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Any aftermarket gear set should work fine without drilling. The only time you need to drill out the carrier is if you're using the stock ring and pinion which uses 1/2" ring bolts. The aftermarket gear sets will use either 7/16" or 3/8" ring bolts. The Truetrac has holes drilled for both.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ah that makes more sense. I totally forgot about the stock gears using a different size bolt. Thanks for the clarification!

Quick Reply: truetrac questions