Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Truetrac owners - performance offroad?

Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jkfanatic
some of it has to do with afforability too. I'm considering a TT in the front simply because I have a d30 and I want some extra help without spending a ton on this axle. I'll get an ARB when I get a pr44/60
Down in Tx, a lunchbox would be another consideration for that front axle. (I prefer a limited over a full locker in these 30's, but you can't beat the price/performance on the aussie/lockright/ect. if you don't have to deal with winter weather)
Old 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran an Ected in my original D30 with 5.13's and never had a problem and loved the posi for running on my dirt roads and snow. Full lock at any speed with the flip of a switch.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Sorry, it had to be said. I will agree however, the BLD is better than open.
What is 'BLD'?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jctnt1
I ran an Ected in my original D30 with 5.13's and never had a problem and loved the posi for running on my dirt roads and snow. Full lock at any speed with the flip of a switch.
I'm glad you had luck with yours but we will never recommend that product. We've seen significant issues with them. 3 weeks ago I was on a trip where 2 guys had Dana 30 Ecteds. Both failed during the trip. Aside from their failure issue, clutch driven LSDs aren't a good choice for an off road rig. If you lift a tire and it spins it accelerates clutch wear. In the case of an Ected, this clutch wear could prevent the 'lock' feature. Since they can't be rebuilt, this is a critical issue.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by glwood6
What is 'BLD'?
Brake Lock Differential
Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 PM
JK Junkie

Sorry, it had to be said. I will agree however, the BLD is better than open.
It's cool. That really was my point as well.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

I'm glad you had luck with yours but we will never recommend that product. We've seen significant issues with them. 3 weeks ago I was on a trip where 2 guys had Dana 30 Ecteds. Both failed during the trip. Aside from their failure issue, clutch driven LSDs aren't a good choice for an off road rig. If you lift a tire and it spins it accelerates clutch wear. In the case of an Ected, this clutch wear could prevent the 'lock' feature. Since they can't be rebuilt, this is a critical issue.
Well I have your ProRock44 Unlimited up front now with an ARB. I heard many concerns about the Ected, but was fortunate to have had "a good one" and got a good price when I sold that front axle because it had the Ected and gears in it. I ran the TruTrac in the rear for about 2 years, then made the mistake of being talked into installing HD clutches in it. It grenaded while at Harlan last summer while going up some steep slick rock. Now a D60 resides out back.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by jctnt1
I ran the TruTrac in the rear for about 2 years, then made the mistake of being talked into installing HD clutches in it. It grenaded while at Harlan last summer while going up some steep slick rock. Now a D60 resides out back.
^^Sorry but this doesn't make sense.^^
Truetracs don't have clutches. Are you sure you don't mean Trac Loc?

Glad you're a happy PR owner!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

so lunch box over TT if your not in the snow or ice much(up front d30)?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Well I got the chance today to got out along some power lines and play with the TT. Some loose rock and dirt, pretty simple stuff. Where, as I used to able to spin one tire with the ESC off, I could not! Really did not even need 4WD but, to get this poser shots.

As a sinde note. I did not disconnect and got minor front DS boot tearing. And, also played around with the hill decent. That is also a kool feature to use. Just put in 4lo and hit the button and it takes you down the hill where you really do not have to touch the brakes. Mine was a small hill.

I think for a dd the tt is going to awsome along with the jk's elec. lsd feature. Hope to put one up front in the future.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0726111523a.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	186441   Click image for larger version

Name:	0726111525a.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	186443   Click image for larger version

Name:	0726111656a.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	186444  

Quick Reply: Truetrac owners - performance offroad?