Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TrueTrac diff

Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TrueTrac diff

How good are the Truetrac Diffs? Will not be wheeling every weekend,4 or 5 weekends a year on lodging roads and some beach playing. 2012 Sport, dana 30+44,stock gears. Cannot use Lockers,have auto trans.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM
JK Junkie

I've wheeled my rear TrueTrac 3 times since I installed it, 2 of the times pretty hard at Rausch and it performed great in my opinion. It's no locker, but it definitely did better than the "limited slip differential". Installed it about 6-8 months ago I believe. So far so good....
Old 02-19-2013, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mean you can't do full time lockers with the Auto 5 speed due to known limp mode issues? Assuming I am on the same page, do selectable lockers still have limp mode issues? Since Rubicons ship with selectable lockers, I would think that would work.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

I know about the limpmode problems with the 5speed auto,do not know what the story is on the Rubi.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by The Riz
How good are the Truetrac Diffs? Will not be wheeling every weekend,4 or 5 weekends a year on lodging roads and some beach playing. 2012 Sport, dana 30+44,stock gears. Cannot use Lockers,have auto trans.
I have a truetrac in the front and I wheel my jeep pretty hard here in Colorado, if you notice a the beginning of this vid, one tire slipped abit then it engaged almost emediately, I have stock diff in the back and planning to put a truetrac too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsvalI8LXB0
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's prolly the best video I've seen showing the true trac at work
Old 02-20-2013, 05:38 AM
JK Junkie

Yep, great video.

I have TrueTracs front and rear. I love 'em.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My understanding is that the limp mode problems on the 4 speed auto only happen with full time lockers like Aussie or Detroit. Since the Rubicon lockers are not full time, but are selectable and can be engaged electrically, it does not have the limp mode problem. I would expect other selectable lockers would also work fine without problem.

Quick Reply: TrueTrac diff