Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Truetrac

Old 01-18-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truetrac

So talking to my local jeepers and debating on truetrac front and rear then someone mentioned a system that is a locking system and truetrac like in the meantime. I forgot the name tho. Anyone have knowledge on this?
Old 01-18-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could it be the Auburn Ected? Thats an LSD and e-locker all in one.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The company that owned the truetrac before detroit had a unit that was a gear driven limited (like the truetrac) but also had a full lock function like any of the selectables on the market. I don't think it is available anymore?

The Ected is similar, being full time limited with a selectable locker function, but I believe it uses clutches, not gears like the TT. Clutches tend to wear out over time.

There is some info here:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tech/d...ts-lockers-101
Old 01-18-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FrankCastle01
So talking to my local jeepers and debating on truetrac front and rear then someone mentioned a system that is a locking system and truetrac like in the meantime. I forgot the name tho. Anyone have knowledge on this?
Was it the Powertrax No-slip? Had one on my 2002 Liberty for 3 years and 3 trips to Moab. Worked great. Just had a "clunky" sound when it engaged.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
The company that owned the truetrac before detroit had a unit that was a gear driven limited (like the truetrac) but also had a full lock function like any of the selectables on the market. I don't think it is available anymore?

The Ected is similar, being full time limited with a selectable locker function, but I believe it uses clutches, not gears like the TT. Clutches tend to wear out over time.

There is some info here:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tech/d...ts-lockers-101
Yeh it was something weird like an "ected"apprciate the input.. Good to know about the clutches too.

Quick Reply: Truetrac