Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Truck lites (I'm Sorry)

Old 11-18-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H8MUD
There's a thread on how to align them on another forum but can't post it here. It basically says to mark on a wall a line about 3' from the bottom. From approximately 25' away adjust your low beam to that mark. That's somewhat what your supposed to do. Maybe others can correct me if I'm wrong.

The way I did it was when I first bought my Jeep I had marked in my garage where the headlights where aimed at and had marked it so I knew how far into the garage to go, and have also used that mark to adjust my headlights after I made any changes that would affect the height of the vehicle (lift, steel bumpers, winch, etc). After I installed the Truck-lites the quality of the light was MUCH better than the stock headlights that the aim didn't quite work. When I road tested they were aiming too low, so I started adjusting from there until cars started flashing their high beams at me. Then a 1/4 turn the other way and was perfect. Amazing the $h!t you do when your bored. If you don't adjust them, you will hate the Truck-lites and even more the $$ you spent.

Confusing but hope it helps.
Thanks for the help.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Heholua
Thanks for the help.
For specifics most states have the measurements on their official registry of vehicles website

At least in Maine and Massachusetts that was true

Matthew
Old 12-27-2013, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default Flickering started on my '12 JK WITH the anti-flicker harness

All,

Happy Holidays!

I installed a set of truck lites in my '12 JK after winning them at last years T4T event at Rausch Creek. I ordered the anti-flicker devices and put them on at the same time. Been running them for probably six months and noticed the other day the drivers side light started flickering sometimes.

Anyone have an idea what is causing this? I was thinking that side anti-flicker module probably is failing.

Thanks for the help!!
Old 12-27-2013, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liveniceguy
All,

Happy Holidays!

I installed a set of truck lites in my '12 JK after winning them at last years T4T event at Rausch Creek. I ordered the anti-flicker devices and put them on at the same time. Been running them for probably six months and noticed the other day the drivers side light started flickering sometimes.

Anyone have an idea what is causing this? I was thinking that side anti-flicker module probably is failing.

Thanks for the help!!
Swap it with the other sides anti-flicker harness and see if flickering changes lights to.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PUSHNF8
Swap it with the other sides anti-flicker harness and see if flickering changes lights to.
Great thought to see if it's that exact module. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Truck lites (I'm Sorry)