Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Truck lites (I'm Sorry)

Old 11-18-2013, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orangeagent27
Hey guys I'm sorry for dragging this one out, but I got the adapter today and while installing it I'm having a hard time getting the anti flicker adapter (96830) to accept the plug of the truck lites. I don't know if it's supposed to be a tight fit or not, but I don't want to push to hard and have something break. Has anyone else felt this resistance?
It is a difficult plug to get in. Just make sure the prongs line up ok and push it on in.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is a difficult plug to get in. Just make sure the prongs line up ok and push it on in.
They are made to be very tight so that when going over rough roads they don't come loose. Line them up and push them in
Old 11-18-2013, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanb33
That was it! Thank you sir!

Still too bright out to see what the verdict is, but they sure look cool.

Last edited by orangeagent27; 11-18-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:50 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah mine were a real pain to get the plug in, but the difference/improvement was well worth it!

Such an improvement over my ipf's I had in

Great colored light, nice and white, no blue tinge and certainly not a factory yellow tint

Best if all not a single person flashing me for them being too bright

Matthew
Old 11-18-2013, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Is this a simple plug n play harness and is only one harness required? I assume the harness runs from one lite to the other and then plugs into some connector???
Old 11-18-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by hornetman
Is this a simple plug n play harness and is only one harness required? I assume the harness runs from one lite to the other and then plugs into some connector???
it is plug and play and each light has their own harness. it could not be any easier to install them.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

The hardest part was getting the plug in.

Drove them tonight and I was giggling like a school girl the whole time. I know nothing about lights, but I was so happy it has that "soft" light I see in HID lights. The TL's really do blanket the roadway in light.

I didn't get any flashes but I notice an obvious brighter spot directly in front of me when driving. I haven't aimed them yet and will be doing that tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

They are great lights. Just make sure to align them...makes a HUGE difference.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by H8MUD
They are great lights. Just make sure to align them...makes a HUGE difference.
Could you please elaborate more on how to align them? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Heholua
Could you please elaborate more on how to align them? Thanks.
There's a thread on how to align them on another forum but can't post it here. It basically says to mark on a wall a line about 3' from the bottom. From approximately 25' away adjust your low beam to that mark. That's somewhat what your supposed to do. Maybe others can correct me if I'm wrong.

The way I did it was when I first bought my Jeep I had marked in my garage where the headlights where aimed at and had marked it so I knew how far into the garage to go, and have also used that mark to adjust my headlights after I made any changes that would affect the height of the vehicle (lift, steel bumpers, winch, etc). After I installed the Truck-lites the quality of the light was MUCH better than the stock headlights that the aim didn't quite work. When I road tested they were aiming too low, so I started adjusting from there until cars started flashing their high beams at me. Then a 1/4 turn the other way and was perfect. Amazing the $h!t you do when your bored. If you don't adjust them, you will hate the Truck-lites and even more the $$ you spent.

Confusing but hope it helps.

Last edited by H8MUD; 11-18-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Truck lites (I'm Sorry)