Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Truck-Lite high beams not working.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck-Lite high beams not working.

Hi all, I'm curious to know if anyone who is running truck-lites on there wrangler has had a similar issue and may have some insight. I put the Truck-Lite 7" on the wrangler about 5 months ago and have not had any problems except the common flickering. over the weekend the drivers side light went out completely. I did some digging and found the cable connection had come loose and the actual connections were slightly corroded. I cleaned them out and reconnected the wires and everything was working well , till last night.
On my way home from work with both low beams working properly I attempted to switch the lights to High beams and they both went out. when I switched back to low beam they came back on. I went back and checked the connections and can't initially find anything wrong. I looked for a fuse and cannot identify a specific one for the headlights and haven't found any blown fuses. I am totally stumped, I spoke to Truck-Lite support and all I got from them was "the red wire must be pinched somewhere".
Hopefully someone can help thanks in advance.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Only issue I have had is the wire that feeds the high beam actually pulled out of the plug. Not all the way just far enough for it to not work but look like it's fine.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

I'll have to look at all the wires an check maybe one pulled out just enough. Not sure why the one side would effect both lights. But at this point I'll try anything thanks.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same thing happen to me after about 4 or 5 months. Took lights off and plugged it back in. I didn't notice any corrosion on the lead but it was a little loose. I'm curious, who did you order yours through? I'm wondering if connectors are of different quality from the different vendors. Now that I plugged them in they are working fine. Hopefully it lasts.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

The connectors might be coming apart from normal driving. You can try the zip tie technique to keep the connectors tight. Cut a small notch on the "ears"on the headlight side of the connector and then put a zip tie around both connectors and both sides to form an X. My low beams would not function due to coming apart ever so slightly. After zip tying them, I've had no problems.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

Hi

Go buy a cheap H4 bulb and plug it in, to test you Jeep.
It's a lot quicker than trying to find a problem in your wiring when it could be ok.

Regards
Paul
Old 06-27-2014, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Paul Wood****
Hi Go buy a cheap H4 bulb and plug it in, to test you Jeep. It's a lot quicker than trying to find a problem in your wiring when it could be ok. Regards Paul
That's a great idea!

Really cheap tester that a second grader could use

Matthew

Quick Reply: Truck-Lite high beams not working.