Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Truck Lights terrible light output...

Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a little torx headed screw in the upper corners. Turn them up or down. If I remember correctly its a torx 15. Very simple adjustment.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
There is a little torx headed screw in the upper corners. Turn them up or down. If I remember correctly its a torx 15. Very simple adjustment.
OK, how do you know where the light is being aimed while your doing it? I usually have shops do all my work because I'm about as mechanically inclined as a 6 year old girl!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
OK, how do you know where the light is being aimed while your doing it? I usually have shops do all my work because I'm about as mechanically inclined as a 6 year old girl!
Find a wall. Park on level ground. Measure 25 feet from the wall. Park jeep. Take roll of duct tape. Measure 3 feet up wall. Rip off piece of tape and stick to wall. Go back to jeep and adjust beams until they hit tape. Remove tape from wall. Go home.

So easy a 6 year old girl could do it
Old 03-09-2013, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
Find a wall. Park on level ground. Measure 25 feet from the wall. Park jeep. Take roll of duct tape. Measure 3 feet up wall. Rip off piece of tape and stick to wall. Go back to jeep and adjust beams until they hit tape. Remove tape from wall. Go home.

So easy a 6 year old girl could do it
Ok, I will try that. Question, are you putting the duct tape on each side of the wall for each light? It seems like my lights are a aimed way to close together like the beams are meeting. Im not sure how much adjustment is in the lights.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

you have to manipulate them horizontally as they do not have a screw adjuster for horizontal adjustment only vertical adjustment. just measure up about 36" from the ground and run a length of tape (I use painters tape as it is easy to remove from the wall) use the vertical adjustment to make it so the brightest part of the beam is on the tape and then just push on the outside of the lights to spread the pattern to get your horizontal adjustment. It is much easier if you pull your grill so you can wedge a piece of electricians tape or something similar in the light bracket to keep them aimed where you want. When you get them properly aimed then put the grill back on.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a small hex screw near the bezel that when you turn the light goes up and down. Dont return them, they are amazing lights.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just park it next to your other car. If it is stock, just line it up

After my lift, I parked it next to my wifes rav4 about 10 feet from the garage amd just aimed them to the same place as the rav4s
Old 03-09-2013, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tlminh
Just park it next to your other car. If it is stock, just line it up

After my lift, I parked it next to my wifes rav4 about 10 feet from the garage amd just aimed them to the same place as the rav4s
Why would you do that??

Matching it up to some other vehicle is not going to properly aim them
Old 03-09-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

This may be a useless point but I did notice when installing that you need to be careful when tightening them in during the install as it is possible to not set them into the socket completely straight so you may want to check that.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Because assuming the other vehicle has proper aim, you can use theirs as a reference

Quick Reply: Truck Lights terrible light output...