Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Troubleshooting a synergy drag link

Old 10-08-2016, 07:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Troubleshooting a synergy drag link

The bend in the drag link wants to keep turning down more and more. I have tightened down the bolt and nut on the passenger side to keep it from being lose and adjusting on its own. The jam nut is still tight with no movement on the pitman arm side. I have tried taking an open end wrench and turn the adjusting sleeve on the drag link to see if there was any play in there, nothing (Is the movement of the Jeep allowing it to move?). Ive even adjusted it to where the joints were maxed out while the bar was straight.

What has been others experiences with this?

Last edited by mhockey9090; 10-08-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

How far out is your adjuster? I've got a friend whose link rotates because the adjuster was too far out. Also, have you looked into the "anti-flop" spacers? Maybe one of those would help keep it aligned.

I'm running another brand so I can't give any comparison.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They do sell a different boot for the ends it costs like 5 bucks.

I'm doing what another member suggested, I run the stiffer black boot underneath one of the clear accordion style boots. Stays nice and flush.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
How far out is your adjuster? I've got a friend whose link rotates because the adjuster was too far out. Also, have you looked into the "anti-flop" spacers? Maybe one of those would help keep it aligned.

I'm running another brand so I can't give any comparison.
Originally Posted by sa29560
They do sell a different boot for the ends it costs like 5 bucks.

I'm doing what another member suggested, I run the stiffer black boot underneath one of the clear accordion style boots. Stays nice and flush.
This other boot is for the tie rod only. My adjuster sleeve it not maxed out, but its around 3 inches from the bar to center of the joint. I have taken out quite a bit of the joint on the pitman arm side. There was no way for me to leave that all the way in and be within the max measurements on the adjuster sleeve side. Im gonna mess with it again before bringing it in to a local shop.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine does this until I service with grease. The joint is a ball and socket type which through time wear and will need more lubrication.

In fact I will be greasing my tie rod, draglink, driveshaft and ball joints because I buried the Jeep mud and water.

R/
Wilk

Quick Reply: Troubleshooting a synergy drag link