Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

trimming the rear bumper

Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trimming the rear bumper

I have trimmed my front bumper but haven't decided on the rear. Has anyone trimmed the rear if so got pics?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

There are places like to wheel in Ohio? Dang.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sure is. that is one of the three playgrounds at Wellsville. Property right on Ohio River. About hour from Canton. Damaged rear bumper on end. cut the ends off the front.

Small Waterfall

Old 07-25-2008, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubi Russ
Sure is. that is one of the three playgrounds at Wellsville. Property right on Ohio River. About hour from Canton. Damaged rear bumper on end. cut the ends off the front.

Small Waterfall

AWSOME PIC!!!!!

BUT

I hope you never roll over. Hands - Move um or lose um
Old 07-26-2008, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

and what is up with the top fold, you dont have the top stowed all the way down......................................ju st messing with ya...nice pics...and i am wondering about trimmed bumpers...

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/soft_t...oft_top_guide/

Last edited by blkpearl; 07-26-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah I know. it was bouncing around and got a little out of place. I hope to the Good Lord I don't roll her over but if I do. what is the SOP for rolling over? Same as airplane? put all tray tables in upright position and bend over and hold your knees? I take it none of this group has trimmed the rear bumper, just the front.....
Old 07-26-2008, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I trimmed mine. Not to make it look good though. It was pretty well destroyed, and always getting in the way. Instead of just running without, I decided to dremel it off. I have another stock one that I am going to do the stubby conversion on, but for the time being just chopped the beat one. I had some tears and holes on one of the two "bump outs" so I had to cut on the inside of those. As you can see, the frame is right in the middle of that area. If you want to make it look decent, I would cut just on the outside of those bulges. If you want it to look really good, search for stubby rear bumper mod and see how some guys cut them down and "welded" the outer plastic to the ends to finish it off...

This is temp for me, until I do a nicer cut job on the new stock bumper in my garage. That one will be a little better temporary one until I buy a good aftermarket rear stubby.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5325 (Medium).jpg
Views:	253
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	11247  

Quick Reply: trimming the rear bumper