Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trim fenders questions

Old 07-12-2013, 10:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim fenders questions

OK so I'm planning on trimming my stock fenders. Already looked up how to do it so I'm good there.

When the rears are cut, has anyone altered their stock rear bumper to line up better with the rear cut fenders?

And once my fenders are cut, can I get away with my 35's on a teraflex budget boost with stock bump stops without running at full flex?

I tried searching these in the forums but couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks ahead of time for any help
Old 07-12-2013, 10:37 PM
JK Newbie

i didn't trim but went with bushwacker flat fenders which are similar enough to trimmed fenders - i have a 1.75" BB, stock bumpstops (and everything else) with 35's (BFG A/T) on 15x8 wheels with 4.5" backspacing and i get no rubbing when fully flexed offroad (had some rub on the teraflex disconnects when "parked" but zipties solbed that) - you should be fine
Old 07-13-2013, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NebraskaUnlimited
OK so I'm planning on trimming my stock fenders. Already looked up how to do it so I'm good there.

When the rears are cut, has anyone altered their stock rear bumper to line up better with the rear cut fenders?

And once my fenders are cut, can I get away with my 35's on a teraflex budget boost with stock bump stops without running at full flex?

I tried searching these in the forums but couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks ahead of time for any help
You most likely will not rub your fenders, but you might rub other areas if you dont have aftermarket wheels or spacers. I would not worry about my bumpers, it will look fine.

Quick Reply: Trim fenders questions