Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trektop Rear Window Help

Old 02-26-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Trektop Rear Window Help

I bought a used trektop that came with a velcro back window, not liking the idea of having velcro permanently melting to my black jeep, I contacted bestop and bought a new back window with the bar that attaches to the back, but now it's nearly impossible to get in the back. Any pointers? Or should I go back to the velcro?
Old 02-26-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be the cold weather up there.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by horrocks007
I bought a used trektop that came with a velcro back window, not liking the idea of having velcro permanently melting to my black jeep, I contacted bestop and bought a new back window with the bar that attaches to the back, but now it's nearly impossible to get in the back. Any pointers? Or should I go back to the velcro?
If your new rear window has the C-shaped channel at the bottom then you can install the MOPAR tailgate bar w/retainers for easier access. I paid about $78.97 plus shipping for the set from Quadratec. The set I ordered was for 2007-2010 models and works beautifully on my 2010. Within a day or two of installing them, I noticed that Quadratec updated their site with the 2011 tailgate bar w/retainers so I can't vouch for whether those work the same with a Trektop on a 2007-2010. I posted some pictures of my install here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...70#post2068870
Old 02-26-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks!!!

I bought it through Quadratech, I will post on your thread once I install it.

Quick Reply: Trektop Rear Window Help