Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trektop NX vs Supertop NX

Old 01-05-2012, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a hard top trek top??
Old 01-05-2012, 10:29 PM
JK Jedi

You mean wild boar hardback t top? I didn't know bestop trek nx came in a hard top version also. I'll have to look into that.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone else with opinions on this? I'm torn between the Supertop NX and Trektop NX. I want to order today so any help will be great.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had the Trektop NX on for a couple months now and love it. I switched from the factory soft top which operates just like the Supertop to this and have not looked back. It's true the install can be tough if you don't let everything warm up/stretch out but the final product looks great. I love being able to remove the windows and run the safari top only and not bake in the 'Bama sun. If you want any pics, I can take some when I leave work.

Either top will be great, good luck with your decision.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by afpilot82
I've had the Trektop NX on for a couple months now and love it. I switched from the factory soft top which operates just like the Supertop to this and have not looked back. It's true the install can be tough if you don't let everything warm up/stretch out but the final product looks great. I love being able to remove the windows and run the safari top only and not bake in the 'Bama sun. If you want any pics, I can take some when I leave work.

Either top will be great, good luck with your decision.
I appreciate your response. I am leaning more towards the Trektop since it appears most people who run the supertop need to purchase the Mopar tailgate bar to make it fit correctly, which would bring the price over $1000.

I'm just leary of the trektop not having any hardware supporting it. Have you had any issues with puddling on the top or excessive wind noise from flapping? Any leaks?

Thanks alot!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Freak

I'd recommend getting the factory tailgate bar with the trektop nx also, the one that came with isn't the easiest to reattach so im currently looking for the oem bar at the moment as everyone says its a lot more user friendly
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by POTO
Something else to consider. The Trektop won't have a frame that needs to be removed when putting your hardtop back on.
While the Trek Top is "frameless", you will have to remove the door surrounds and tailgate bar to re-install the hard top.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear to everyone.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmec
I appreciate your response. I am leaning more towards the Trektop since it appears most people who run the supertop need to purchase the Mopar tailgate bar to make it fit correctly, which would bring the price over $1000.

I'm just leary of the trektop not having any hardware supporting it. Have you had any issues with puddling on the top or excessive wind noise from flapping? Any leaks?

Thanks alot!
I haven't had any issues with pooling water, the top is on there tight! It's no louder than my factory soft top was and haven't found anything to be flapping around. Zero leaks, which makes me the happiest. I haven't driven home with a wet backside since it's been on, couldn't say that about the OEM top.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for everyones help! Ordering my Trektop very shortly!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've looked at this one to replace the softtop also, but I have a question. Can you fold or roll back the top portion and keep the windows intact? The reason why is because during the summer there are alot of roads we drive on the are gravel and very dusty. I know there is the windjammer and duster but its a bit expensive and doesn't cover the whole rear behind the back seats. By the way, I have 4dr.

Quick Reply: Trektop NX vs Supertop NX