Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trektop NX vs bestop safari top

Old 01-23-2015, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trektop NX vs bestop safari top

I've been running the bestop Safari top (the one with the wire guides on side) along with the mopar door surrounds for two summers and I'm not thrilled with it. Water still gets in the sides, the wires don't sit tight and there is still a ton of flapping.

Is the trektop NX a better option? I know it comes with their own door surrounds. Is it that much more sealed then the regular Safari top?

I would run without the back and sides, I like the open feel.. Is the trektop going to be a waste?
Old 01-23-2015, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running Trektop NX all last summer in every conceiveable configuration (i.e. back and sides off, doors on/off, top folded back, etc.). Never had any flapping in any configuration(expect at 65mph with the front folded back, which would be expected), and never any leaks. However you will get water in with back and sides off.
Watch all videos, and read all you can on the install as there have been people on here who have missed steps and experienced all kinds of issues, but only due to the misseds step of the installation.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I totally expect the back to get wet, but my biggest issue is getting a bath in the front when the top doesn't sit in the channel. Especially when it rains overnight and water pools in top
Old 01-23-2015, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Absolutely no pooling on mine and the run-off is into the door rain gutters, which of course drains right above the front of the door, so you will get dribbled on getting in and out, but no issue of it coming in otherwise. The top is drum tight! In fact the whole fit is drum tight, so you will stuggle like mad to get the sides and back all on and zipperd unless they are in the warm sun on a very warm day, before hand.
Again, installation videos and the close study of the instructions will make your use of the top much more enjoyable!
Old 01-23-2015, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dodge4me
Absolutely no pooling on mine and the run-off is into the door rain gutters, which of course drains right above the front of the door, so you will get dribbled on getting in and out, but no issue of it coming in otherwise. The top is drum tight! In fact the whole fit is drum tight, so you will stuggle like mad to get the sides and back all on and zipperd unless they are in the warm sun on a very warm day, before hand.
Again, installation videos and the close study of the instructions will make your use of the top much more enjoyable!
×2 been running it for two years now and other than some flapping at the rear with the sides and back off, at highway speeds above 6th, can't complain.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Might have one for sale if interest used one season decided to go with factory top it's for a 2dr no leaks fits tight let me know if you are interested and I will think about letting it go no shipping to big and costly

Quick Reply: Trektop NX vs bestop safari top