Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trektop NX - Should I or should I not?

Old 06-20-2012, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trektop NX - Should I or should I not?

Should I or should I not get it? Amazon has em in stock again and I'll have it in 2 days if I order. I heard the stories about installing, not worried about that. I did hear its sort of a pain to put back on once you take the top off. Thoughts? Essentially, you can take the windows off and run just the top, or take everything off, right? Then you just store the top and windows away right? You don't have the bulky top in the back with all the bars and stuff, cleaner look is what I'm liking about it.

Any more insight anyone can give me?
Old 06-20-2012, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had a pretty good experience with mine this spring. I got a broken top to start my install off, and it didn't really fit all that great. the new one I was sent, no hassle mind you from the folks at Bestop by way of Northridge fit like a glove.

I run it with just the top most of the time, as the windows are easy to take on and off after everything got stretched in. I use the sunrider feature almost daily. My wife and I even have it down to second nature when we get out of the Jeep to throw it forward and batten the hatches.

I love the look. My only problem, which I will get fixed eventually is I have a major wind noise leak going on above 60mph.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I absolutely love mine. It is exactly what i wanted. Ive gotten to the point where i can get doorless and all the windows out in like 7 minutes, back on in 10. I llove to ride around.doorless with the bikini top on, could not be happier
Old 06-20-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love mine. Easy install! I did it in 50 degree weather too. I run mine with the windows out and smooth sailing! After two oem soft tips this is the way to go!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Siccjeep
Side windows I mean. My rear is the only one to come off
Do you have the original Trektop? On the NX model, the 3 rear windows all come off.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

Where was it that I read if you take either of the windows or top off individually, there is a certain way to put everything back on and it's a little tedious? Or is that person who said it just lazy and/or complaining? How long does it take everyone to put everything BACK ON. Not really worried about taking it off, that's easy I'm sure.

Any additional comments?
Old 06-21-2012, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it, I love it, BUY IT!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

The new NX fits easier and better after some modifications by Bestop. It is also built differently than the original trektop.

The top works perfectly for me. It takes me about 10 mins to put on all 4 doors and the 3 NX windows. The entire top works perfectly and fits like a glove.

The look is way cool btw..
Old 06-21-2012, 05:56 AM
JK Junkie

I'm just trying to justify it, ya know? Besides the "angled" rear window on the Trektop NX, I can simply buy a spiderweb trailmesh shade(which can be left on even with the soft top) and pick up a pair of Bestop Quick Release Bow Knuckles whenever I want to take my entire top off(meaning the bow's for the top will come off with these quick release knuckles).

My soft top is also pretty much brand new due to the recall issued on 2010's with their soft tops. Spiderweb Trailmesh and the quick release bow knuckles would come to under $150 as supposed to close to $600. $450 less and essentially it's the same thing. I know you can "fold up" the top on the Trektop, but I have enough storage for when I take my entire soft top off - so space isn't an issue. Also for people who DON'T have a soft top, this is ideal. I already have one, with the door surround, etc. So, it's just like I'm getting another soft top.

I think I'm gonna back out on this - just doesn't make sense to buy a new top for an angled rear window when I already have a soft top. I'll pick up the trailmesh shade and the knuckles and call it a day saving pretty much $450.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Freak

I've asked and still haven't seen what or how it looks like when its down (topless). I've seen them on the road with the windows off and top folded but still has the whole back portion covered. From the sounds of it, you can only put the front part back, take off the side windows, roll up the rear window??, and not put down the top main rear part??...

I want to be able to put it down like the stock top and be completely topless... Is this possible?

pics please of it fully down..???

Quick Reply: Trektop NX - Should I or should I not?