Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trektop NX Leaking!!

Old 09-08-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trektop NX Leaking!!

Wondering if anyone with a new Trektop NX is having any leaking issues? Last week we got some heavy rains and came out to the jeep and was greating with soaked front seats and puddles on the floor. Thought maybe I didn't have the top secured correctly. Well it's raining heavy again, and the top is still leaking. It's coming in where the rain guard on the door surround stops. If you open the top, you'll see a small piece of foam there (I guess that's supposed to stop the water) but it doesn't do the job against heavy downpours.

Anyone else having this issue? Wondering if I should contact Bestop or just try and put some extra foam in there to beef up the protection.

Thoughts?
Thanks
Old 09-08-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's a pic to better describe the location of the leak. Right where the rain guard stops appears to be the issue. If you flip the top back and look in that location you'll find a small piece of foam.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4194.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	208356
Old 10-13-2011, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Im having the same problem with the first model of this top. I have a flap with a foam piece that does the same thing but the water just runs down the door jam and right onto the passenger and driver floors. I live in frederick and all this rain recently sucks!!! I tried a new piece of foam but in the water comes still! Im going to try and call bestop tomorrow and see what they say
Old 11-02-2011, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

It seems to me that the top is supposed to wrap around that piece of plastic, and secure by inserting the plastic on the top into the channel. That piece of plastic is not a rain guard. If you look at the pics of the top on Bestop's website, you will see exactly what I'm talking about. After you reinstall the top correctly, you will probably want to kick yourself in the butt. Enjoy!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

My seam directly above my sound bar started separating. Got a little rain and my front seats were soaked. I had only had my top on for a month. Contacted 4wd and they sent me a new top section.

Quick Reply: Trektop NX Leaking!!