Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TrekTop NX Install issues

Old 05-11-2016, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TrekTop NX Install issues

I recently acquired a Trektop NX from a Fellow Jeeper who got it from a customer, They upgraded to the Trektop Pro.

I followed the instructions and cannot seem to get the front to seal against the windshield.

I will attach some pictures to show what is going on, when we tighten the Front clamps we can see the header panel being pulled down and only slightly forward. Called bestop and they said it sounds like i need a new Header panel, but some other are saying that something might be weird with the springs. so i am not sure what is going on. there is a gap in the center of the header and fabric of about 1/2 inch not sure if this is normal or not

please help and thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160508_185327 (Large).jpg
Views:	174
Size:	479.4 KB
ID:	646733Click image for larger version

Name:	20160510_184436 (Large).jpg
Views:	173
Size:	681.3 KB
ID:	646734
Old 05-11-2016, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you use the instructions provided in paper? They have a video detailing step by step. I used the video to install mine and not the instructions provided btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiHjRyVdtqU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiHjRyVdtqU
Old 05-11-2016, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

The guy i got it from Printed the latest directions which helped quite a bit and i have also watched the video...
Old 05-11-2016, 10:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed mine 2 weeks ago brand new on my 4 door and found the video was very helpful step by step with the paper instructions together.... Could be a bad header I've read on other threads about them being a bit bowed ..... Lucky for me mine fit perfect all around and no leaks in the rain either.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also noticed the Bar in the middle that slide into the top doesnt want to stay in its position..one side or the other keeps popping out....is this normal? im not talking about the support bows, but the Bar that is slid into the Fabric above the sound bar near where the sunrider bows attach.

Jb

Quick Reply: TrekTop NX Install issues