Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trektop nx

Old 07-11-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trektop nx

Could anyone tell me why this top wont latch in the front? Its new but i was waiting for it to stretch and figured id at least take it off and latch front first, and it wont even latch with nothing on? What am i missing? HELP! Its for a 4 door, thx
Old 07-11-2014, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are some adjustments you can make to the install. The middle screws for the door rails where the top connects and pivots, you can move forward about 1/2" or so.
Also, I struggled with latching the front as well, but realized, you have to have the handle part all the way back and up, in order for the hook part to even reach.
Do you have a picture of your issue?
Old 07-11-2014, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure the handle part is all the way back up towards the roof then put the hook over the latch. Confused me for a minute too when I put mine on
Old 07-11-2014, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

The beauty of this forum, never in a million years would i have though that handle goes back that far, THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkrx5
The beauty of this forum, never in a million years would i have though that handle goes back that far, THANK YOU!!!!!
Glad to help! I got very frustrated with mine as well before I finally figured it out
Old 07-11-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called the company I bought it from wanting an explanation! I would have never thought of that, thx again
Old 07-12-2014, 01:55 AM
JK Newbie

I loosened the bolts on the loops it order to get the latch it reach. After I tightened them back up and let it sit in the sun, i've never had the problem again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Trektop nx