Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trektop NX

Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trektop NX

An anyone recommend this top or not? I like the look of the "fastback" and haven't seen any other kind of soft top that does it. The only problem I have seen is sag in the back.
Thanks for the help.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

im also looking at this top. it seemed great until i saw the threads on it leaking. do a search and you will find a coupe of people have had some frustrating issues with soaked front seats.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...top-NX-Leaking!!

Last edited by jtjk; 11-02-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I have had mine since august rain a few time no leaks in the top it's self but when you open the door it comes pouring in Besides that love it never heard of the bowing part

Old 11-02-2011, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

I like it...no leaks, big improvement over my stock 2008 softtop. Only recommendation is if you don't already have a stock soft top, go to the dealership and buy a stock tailgate bar and replace the POS that bestop provides with the Trektop NX
Old 11-03-2011, 02:40 AM
JK Super Freak

with the nx, can you still get the full convertible look? i tried to find a video, it looks like you can take off the back windows, but the back seat of a jku has to stay covered? or does it fold all the way down like the factory softtop?
Old 11-03-2011, 03:04 AM
JK Freak

I have a Best top trektop on my 2 door and love it. No leaks and has been in 2 good snow storms and lots of rain
Old 11-03-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cedo Nulli
I like it...no leaks, big improvement over my stock 2008 softtop. Only recommendation is if you don't already have a stock soft top, go to the dealership and buy a stock tailgate bar and replace the POS that bestop provides with the Trektop NX
Thanks for the advice. I was looking at the top on a website and they sold the door and tailgate surrounds separately. Should I buy them all from Jeep or just the tailgate bar?
Old 11-03-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sheepdog
Thanks for the advice. I was looking at the top on a website and they sold the door and tailgate surrounds separately. Should I buy them all from Jeep or just the tailgate bar?
The top comes with everything it's just that the bestop tailgate bar sucks so get a stock one to use
Old 11-03-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2011 2 dr, bought the trektop nx 2months ago when I bought the jeep, I took the hard top off put the trektop on and its been on until yesterday when I decided that the nor'easter that blew thru here last week was enough to put the hard top back on. I can honestly say that the top is great, I have had no leaks the sunrider feature is nice and quick but I agree that if you want to go topless, it is a pain. And... that back bar is a PITA.

Quick Reply: Trektop NX