Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trek-top for two door.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trek-top for two door.

I am considering purchasing one of these. Does it come with everything you need for installation? I don't need anything from my old soft top do I? Also if you guys have one installed on your jeep could you post pics here please!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Yes and No.

The first version produced came with a velcro rear window that attached to the tailgate, new metal door surrounds, and the header for the windshield (this is the one I have).

I believe the second version produced utilizes the rear tailgate bar and clips from the original factory top, comes with new metal door surrounds, and the header for the windshield. Since I don't have the second version I am not sure if this is completely accurate. See what others have to say and if you do purchase it, make sure you know which one you are getting.

I love mine. It's great all year round and easy to store. I'll post some pics if I get a chance today. Good Luck.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:44 PM
JK Freak

thanks for the heads up! anyone else have experience with the second version?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Super Freak

It comes with everything you need to install and use it. There have been different answers about the tailgate bar. Mine is supposed to be the latest version and did not come with the tailgate bar. However, as mentioned above, it comes with the Velcro to mount to your tailgate.

I purchased the tailgate bar and it works well but it worked fine Velcroed to the tailgate.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

I dont know if you can use the surrounds from your old soft top. If your old soft top is factory, you may want to use the factory surrounds if you can. They have to be better than the trek top ones. I mean, i havent had any issues with mine, but they look kinda crappy (they work though).

corey d
Old 10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

I just got my Trek top and different threads said it was very easy to install which only took them 15 min. but for me it took over an hour. The latch system is two knobs that you screw to the windsheild channel and when i got that on i tried securing the sides with the little lips and it was stretched way to tight. It took so much of my strenght that i actually bled from the whole ordeal. But i got to say in the end it looks damn good.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on posting a pic of this top on a 2 door
Old 10-21-2009, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

I can only remember seeing pictures of this top on Stupidface's Jeep. I'm interested to see others. Looks awesome on his though!

Quick Reply: Trek-top for two door.