Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trek Top question

Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 AM
sky
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I've been lucky, quite a few horror stories out there. I should note I bought mine new in 2010 from quadratec....
Old 05-25-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mines a 2 door and it's not leaking now but it had been when I first installed it. The little flaps that are near the header on the door corner, are supposed to be secured between the door seal and the hardware (epic fail on design). It turned out to be a major design flaw. I just rolled them with a pencil and tucked with a kink in the middle of the roll. No problems since
Old 05-25-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

Ill tell you....I have run my soft top since August of 09 and it is golden. Sure its a jeep and sometimes things aren't as easy to work with as youd like, but if that is what your looking for you should buy a corrolla or something. I love my trektop, and Im so upset that they came out with a new version because I actually wanted to have the same thing done at an upholster, but he wanted more money to do the job than I payed for the top.

The trektop can take a ton of rain and wind and not leek a bit. if your wheeling in the rain and sometimes you get at a wierd angle it will leak a small amount, but a quick bit of door jamb sealer rubber stuck to the trek top with staples from home depot and it was fine. Mine does not leak at all anymore even in Florida downpours.

My biggest problem with the top is that I love taking it off in the winter, but putting it back on when it is cold, is nothing short of an absolute nightmare. However, I have found that if u drape it over and turn on the heater for a bit it tends to be easier to work with.

Anyhow the trektop is an amazing cool factor that hardly any other jeep owners have. It gives your Jeep an original look and it is very functional.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 PM
JK Newbie

ah i just wish i could figure out why my rear window wont zip all the way...there are two little openings and we had like a monsoon in michigan today, of course with my luck being the day after i installed it. any advice or tips? i also had a small leak at the top of the a pillar.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soadxtr573
ah i just wish i could figure out why my rear window wont zip all the way...there are two little openings and we had like a monsoon in michigan today, of course with my luck being the day after i installed it. any advice or tips? i also had a small leak at the top of the a pillar.
Where exactly on the A pillar?
Old 05-26-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a Trektop and didn't have any leaks. You will have more posts from people that have problems than those that have no problems with leaks, which will gives the impression that there is a major problem. We are the silent majority.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:24 AM
JK Newbie

i think it was coming from that flap with the foam piece on it, but its sitting correctly now so no more leaks.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

What is the diff. between the NX and the reg trek. From what I can see in pics and heard is the bows.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ramath0294
What is the diff. between the NX and the reg trek. From what I can see in pics and heard is the bows.
the nx can come off in two pieces. the top doesnt roll back like the regular one, instead it has the sunrider feature that folds back (and from what ive seen, it only folds back once to behind the drivers seat). the rear windows come out completely as opposed to the regular one only allowing you to remove the rear window.

btw guys, it still is leaking heavily from the top of the a pillar from those foam pieces. i messed with it for a good half hour trying to figure out how to put them in the right spot and gave up. any advice or pictures would be greatly appreciated since the instructions dont even mention that flap.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Had mine on for over a year. 0 leaks

Quick Reply: Trek Top question