Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trek Top question

Old 05-17-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trek Top question

Ok heres my question. I want an honest answer Is anyone that owns a trek top having any problems with leeking.The other day I took my top and doors off and ever since it has been leeking like crazy. I have triple checked everything and cant stop the bleeding. I want to by a trek top to replace my junk factory top.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My trektop doesn't leak at all. Its not the new nx model either. I love it.

My factory never leaked either though.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

my trektop does leak but it doesnt bother me cause its on the passenger side
Old 05-17-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

I returned my trek top after about 60 days because of leaking. I loved the way it looked and wanted to keep it quite badly, but in the end I just couldn't get over how bad it leaked...

P.S. Old style, not the new nx
Old 05-17-2011, 07:09 PM
sky
JK Enthusiast

Default no prob here

I've had the trektop on for a full year & no problems yet. I even just recently lost one of my header handscrews ran it with only the screw on driver's side for a week. I eventually got another screw from ace hardware that works ok. I am so pissed there is an NX model available now though!!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Freak

No personal experience, but after hearing lots of 'leaking and loose' things about the Trek Top, I went with the other more expensive but worth it brand.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

hopefully it doesnt, i just ordered one! i think someone posted here that they got the bows off the nx from bestop and that stops pooling from occuring...i cant find the post again though and ive been searching for quite some time. anyone know about this or anything i can do to avoid pooling issues if there are any?
Old 05-24-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

it was a terror to install. it took 2 of my friends and i about 2 1/2 hours to finish it up, mostly spent on that damn tail gate bar. do NOT install it unless its been cooking in the sun for a while.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran one all last summer with no leaking issues. I sold it in the fall when I found out the NX version was coming out. Now the NX is still not out & I don't have a soft top. Tired of waiting...I ordered another original Trektop which will be delivered tomorrow. I loved my Trektop & don't anticipate any problems with the one I've ordered. If the NX comes out & works well I may upgrade to that next year once it's out for a while.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a Trek Top for over 2 years. It always had a leak. I think it was the seam above the sound bar. I rolled up a towel and stuffed it in the groove in the sound bar. That caught all the dribbles.
Later I noticed how bad it was sagging from pooling water. So I bought a set of aftermarket bows (can't remember the name). That helped. Eventually, the top got so loose a gust of wind ripped the velcro strips out above the passenger door.
I called BestTop to see if I could just replace the top without the hardware.
They said nope, sorry.
I don't mean to bash the top. I really liked it. I got lots of compliments. It has a mysterious coolness factor.

Here's an older shot of my JKU -

Running a stock soft top now. Really dig it. I think I might try to get the Trek Top repaired some day.

Quick Reply: Trek Top question