Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Treadwrights

Old 09-05-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Treadwrights

Alrighty...I know this has been beat to death, but call me very thorough. Looking into the Treadwright guard dogs for the Jeep. The Jeep is my daily driver, hunting rig, I plan on doing some trail rides, winter weather dominator, etc. Wondering who has put the most miles on these tires? How did they hold up? What is the fuel economy difference versus stock SR-As? I am a big fan of all-terrain tires, but these are the best prices I can find on anything, and I do have some fond memories of the Maxxis Buckshot mudders I used to have on my old Dodge. I think the off road performance will almost be overkill, so I am not sweating that. I am ok with a little mudder hum (I have the infinity stereo, plus the banks intake and the flowmaster 50 axle back is going on day after tomorrow), so that is no issue. Most use will be on road in Virginia year round, long trips a few times a year, and Tennessee mountains in all seasons about four to six times a year. Probably about 20K a year. Any input is appreciated!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive had my retreads for 2 years now. put over 50k miles on then and ive probably got at least another 2years left on them. ill never buy new ever again. treadwright is the way to go. they are great for a daily driver. cant beat em in the snow and are aggresive enough for off road. imo, get em. you wont regret it
Old 09-05-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mpco239
Alrighty...I know this has been beat to death, but call me very thorough. Looking into the Treadwright guard dogs for the Jeep. The Jeep is my daily driver, hunting rig, I plan on doing some trail rides, winter weather dominator, etc. Wondering who has put the most miles on these tires? How did they hold up? What is the fuel economy difference versus stock SR-As? I am a big fan of all-terrain tires, but these are the best prices I can find on anything, and I do have some fond memories of the Maxxis Buckshot mudders I used to have on my old Dodge. I think the off road performance will almost be overkill, so I am not sweating that. I am ok with a little mudder hum (I have the infinity stereo, plus the banks intake and the flowmaster 50 axle back is going on day after tomorrow), so that is no issue. Most use will be on road in Virginia year round, long trips a few times a year, and Tennessee mountains in all seasons about four to six times a year. Probably about 20K a year. Any input is appreciated!
I ran Treadwrights on my JK a few years back. This was when they were using the Mudrover tread pattern instead of the currect MTR. I was extremely happy with them and am actually considering picking up a set of 315/70/17 when I get my new Rubi this week. If you haven't already, you should give Treadwright a call, the customer service is excellent and they'll be able to let you know exactly what type of "carcass" they have available thereby allowing you to choose the load rating and sidewall you want.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, a few offroad magazines have done extensive reviews of the new Guard Dog tire, you should definitely google those reviews
Old 09-05-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
I ran Treadwrights on my JK a few years back. This was when they were using the Mudrover tread pattern instead of the currect MTR. I was extremely happy with them and am actually considering picking up a set of 315/70/17 when I get my new Rubi this week. If you haven't already, you should give Treadwright a call, the customer service is excellent and they'll be able to let you know exactly what type of "carcass" they have available thereby allowing you to choose the load rating and sidewall you want.
Sweet! I do tow a 2000lb camper so that would be awesome to get some LT type sidewalls
Old 09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 315/70/17 mounted on my stock wheels. I just got them and have about 200 miles in the books... I am really happy with the look, mostly happy with the ride and couldn't be happier with the value.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110905_203837.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	207321   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110905_203918.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	207322  
Old 09-05-2011, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
Also, a few offroad magazines have done extensive reviews of the new Guard Dog tire, you should definitely google those reviews
Yeah man, I read a bunch of reviews, but most dealt with off road ability and at the most about 5k miles driving. I am also concerned about ultimate longevity, fuel economy, and durability when towing.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Junkie

I don't know about 'em on a tow vehicle, yet, but after the Firestone's on my pickup wear out, I'll probably go with TW's. Meanwhile, I love 'em on my Jeep.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepGreen
I have the 315/70/17 mounted on my stock wheels. I just got them and have about 200 miles in the books... I am really happy with the look, mostly happy with the ride and couldn't be happier with the value.
dude, i dont know how to tell you this, but somebody stole your spare tire! lol
Old 09-06-2011, 01:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been running them for some time plus I tow my boat & camper(not at the same time) This is my DD also and all I can say is I love em! My buddy had over 35,000 in 3 years on his but he got lazy and did not rotate so he got uneven where but in till then he loved them and got a new set of them to replace the old set!
Click image for larger version

Name:	C041118.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	207390

Last edited by Sigman; 09-06-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Treadwrights