Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TreadWright Tires?

Old 12-03-2013, 04:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sumadaz
I ordered the 33" ATs awhile back and was quoted 2-3 weeks on backorder. One week later I got an email saying they were shipped. Arrived a couple days later, had them static balanced and haven't had a single issue with them. They are A LOT quieter than my BFG MTs I had on their before, the car rides like a Cadillac compared to the old tires. I have had zero wear issues and probably won't be buying another brand of tires again. I do wish they made a 37 though. I hesitated for a looong time before pulling the trigger and my only regret is not buying them sooner.
Thanks for the input! And here is a 37" guard dog tire.

https://www.treadwright.com/p-81-37x...d-dog-m-t.aspx
Old 12-03-2013, 04:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody have pics of these tires on their rig with stats?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jhol111964
new 33's for $166 shipped:

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct
On top of the fact that the Treadwright Guard Dogs will outperform those GT's on most (if not all) types of terrain due to their superior rubber compound and tread design, I'm personally a lot more comfortable trusting American-made retreads on American-made BFGoodrich casings than Chinese-made tires built to be the least-expensive tires on the market.

Originally Posted by catahoula
Anybody have pics of these tires on their rig with stats?
I have over 15,000 miles so far on my 315/70R17 Treadwright Guard Dogs with Kedge Grip. They're on BFG All-Terrain KO load range D casings. I've 'wheeled them in every type of terrain, and my only criticism is that they have the typical mud tire hum on-road due to the big tread blocks and wide voids. I have yet to find another tire that's been able to outperform them, with the exception of a dedicated mud tire (Super Swamper) being superior in deep nasty mud. The Kedge Grip makes these perform head-and-shoulders above any other mud- or all-terrain tire out there in snow and ice. They drive like an all-terrain on the road, and they've shrugged off all the abuse of trailering and 'wheeling while aired down, which is supposedly the "Achilles' heel" of a retread.

You won't find a better set of five 35's for under $1000 shipped.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiconGeoff

On top of the fact that the Treadwright Guard Dogs will outperform those GT's on most (if not all) types of terrain due to their superior rubber compound and tread design, I'm personally a lot more comfortable trusting American-made retreads on American-made BFGoodrich casings than Chinese-made tires built to be the least-expensive tires on the market.

I have over 15,000 miles so far on my 315/70R17 Treadwright Guard Dogs with Kedge Grip. They're on BFG All-Terrain KO load range D casings. I've 'wheeled them in every type of terrain, and my only criticism is that they have the typical mud tire hum on-road due to the big tread blocks and wide voids. I have yet to find another tire that's been able to outperform them, with the exception of a dedicated mud tire (Super Swamper) being superior in deep nasty mud. The Kedge Grip makes these perform head-and-shoulders above any other mud- or all-terrain tire out there in snow and ice. They drive like an all-terrain on the road, and they've shrugged off all the abuse of trailering and 'wheeling while aired down, which is supposedly the "Achilles' heel" of a retread.

You won't find a better set of five 35's for under $1000 shipped.
So, what tires are you comparing these to?
Old 12-05-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
So, what tires are you comparing these to?
Specifically? The GT Radial Adventuro M/T quoted above. But I'll put these Treadwrights up against any other tire. Of all the BFG's, COopers, Goodyears, numerous different Swampers, Pro Comps, Generals, and others I've run over the years on the 10 different 4x4's I've owned, these are my absolute favorite. I just wish I could get them sized 37" for a 17" rim.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePeaches289
Thanks for the input! And here is a 37" guard dog tire.

https://www.treadwright.com/p-81-37x...d-dog-m-t.aspx
You got me so excited but I have 17s...

Quick Reply: TreadWright Tires?