Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TreadWright Tires?

Old 12-02-2013, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TreadWright Tires?

Is anybody running treadwright tires? Or have any opinions on running re-tread mud tires? The price is making it very tempting. I'm interested in their 315 guard dogs or maybe their 305s.

Thanks in advanced!
Old 12-02-2013, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

I have not ran them as of yet. I plan on getting my next set thru them. I do know about 10 people who do run them and not a one has a complaint. It is my understanding that now their tires are even better. Seems they started making their own carcasses.

I will let you know as soon as the stock one wear out
Old 12-02-2013, 12:26 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePeaches289
Is anybody running treadwright tires? Or have any opinions on running re-tread mud tires? The price is making it very tempting. I'm interested in their 315 guard dogs or maybe their 305s.
Try a quick advanced search, title only, for Treadwright.

Years ago there was some concern and talk about re-tread tires falling apart, but that hasn't been the case. Fairly popular tires with great reviews for the most part.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought a set for my Scout. I TRIED to tear up those tires and couldn't.. the only problem I had was how stiff the sidewalls were. I would lose the bead at 12 PSI religiously.. But the carcass never pulled the tread apart, even after having been wrapped around the axle.. They were really loud though. I bought a set for my expedition trailer.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Try a quick advanced search, title only, for Treadwright.

Years ago there was some concern and talk about re-tread tires falling apart, but that hasn't been the case. Fairly popular tires with great reviews for the most part.
Thanks for the advice. I've been reading up on em' more and more and I have a feeling I'm going to pull the trigger after I choose a lift, suspension, etc.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered the 33" ATs awhile back and was quoted 2-3 weeks on backorder. One week later I got an email saying they were shipped. Arrived a couple days later, had them static balanced and haven't had a single issue with them. They are A LOT quieter than my BFG MTs I had on their before, the car rides like a Cadillac compared to the old tires. I have had zero wear issues and probably won't be buying another brand of tires again. I do wish they made a 37 though. I hesitated for a looong time before pulling the trigger and my only regret is not buying them sooner.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Kind of have a issue spending $150 a tire for retreads, after shipping you could get a new tire. JMHO.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BucYouUp68
Kind of have a issue spending $150 a tire for retreads, after shipping you could get a new tire. JMHO.
Can you provide some examples to show the believers what you're talking about? Links generally help them see what you're trying to prove. Personally I've got a friend who bought a set and loves them. Beats the piss out of them and they keep asking for more. He will be buying another set.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2013, 01:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

new 33's for $166 shipped:

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

Last edited by jhol111964; 12-03-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls
Can you provide some examples to show the believers what you're talking about? Links generally help them see what you're trying to prove. Personally I've got a friend who bought a set and loves them. Beats the piss out of them and they keep asking for more. He will be buying another set.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
I am not say'n they are bad, I am just say'n you can buy new for a few more bucks. You Know What I'm Say'n

Quick Reply: TreadWright Tires?