Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Treadwright Tires

Old 11-29-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Treadwright Tires

OK I know that there are a couple of threads on here about these tires, but they have all broken off onto how innocent children and soccer moms will die if you run retread tires on your Jeep.

Well I want to hear from people that have actually used these tires. How did they balance? What kind of tread life did you get? Any problems with them?

I am looking at picking up a set of the 315/70/17 Guard Dogs. They are about half the price of a set of MTR's shipped to my door, and they have about the same tread pattern as my old Maxxis Big Horns. I kind of like the idea of not just disposing of the tires and reusing them, maybe it will cut the price of gas so I can afford to drive my Jeep more. So can we keep the discussion civil and on point?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

I have some 31" on my cj5. I ordered 5, and all had matching sidewalls. I only have about 4000 miles on them so far but i like them. They balanced really nice with my steel wheels, just one or two small weights on each.
this is the style i have : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQzzHR41zwk.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of 33s on my JK. Rode on them for three months so far.

Balanced well, but need rotating often. Minor hum on road, great traction off road. Mine are significantly heavier than my last tires, and my ball joints are hurting because of it.

Other than that, they work like intended. Been on two hunting trips with four hours drive each way. Held up great on the highway and didn't blow up or anything.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

have 11K miles on our set and they are great. The traction on and off-road is great and I would def. buy another set. And best of all they have not killed any kittens.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Junkie

They look great on Smurf Blue's!

My 315's have been on for 5000 miles. They're wearing great, balanced fine, work good offroad, and work fantastic in the winter (Kedge Grip really works). This set is on BFG AT carcasses. On the 265's I had before, I received one tire which was defective. It was like the tread was on crooked. TW sent me a new one ASAP, no questions asked. Those tires had 6000 miles on them when I went to 315's. They're now living their lives on an 800 HP pulling truck. The guy loves them. Fair warning - Guard Dogs howl.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tslewisz
Fair warning - Guard Dogs howl.
They do make some noise but are way quieter than super swampers.

Quick Reply: Treadwright Tires