Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Treadwright 315/70R17 on stock rims

Old 07-17-2013, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpfiremn
Pm sent to inbox
Great looking tires
Old 07-17-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Here is a Picture of the tires on the Jeep without the Front quarter panel. I had to take it off to get my snorkel installed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Its apart.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	479121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel and Tire.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	479122  
Old 07-17-2013, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
"Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love.
I just want to do none of the above...."

^^^^^^^^^
"Chapelle Show"

So... all you guys with stock Wheels if there was a sale for 75% off Aftermarket Black Wheels you would pass and say "I like my stock wheels?" I'm going to call "BS"

_______
| B.S. | <---------Here is my BS card and I just pulled it out.
_______
I'm not a fan of black wheels myself, although I don't go around talking crap about those that do, that would be kind of a douche bag thing to do.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HogHoden

I'm running 35" Trail Grapplers on stock rims (same size as a 315/70/17 Trail Grappler). You can use the stock carrier with spacer - I think mine is a teraflex. I've got 20,000 miles and some decent off road trips with no issues yet, but I do have a new carrier on my short list of upgrades now. I know some guys have had issue with damage to tail gates, but I've gotten away with it so far.
I agree ^!! Black xd wheels. Rock stars. Moto metal. Pro comps. Blah blah. The majority of them look cheesy. I run the same setup as HogHoden with spidertrax spacers and it looks clean. To ensure all is well with the tailgate i run the teraflex HD hinge on the back with the stock carrier. No issues thus far. I need to trim the rock rails or change them and add flat fenders to get what I want.... But you can want in one hand shit in other.

Sent from grenade range
Old 07-17-2013, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
"Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love.
I just want to do none of the above...."

^^^^^^^^^
"Chapelle Show"

So... all you guys with stock Wheels if there was a sale for 75% off Aftermarket Black Wheels you would pass and say "I like my stock wheels?" I'm going to call "BS"

_______
| B.S. | <---------Here is my BS card and I just pulled it out.
_______
Ok. I'm back. Yup. Wouldnt do it. Wud pass on them to buy other things. But I did steal your custom rotopax brake light setup. Great work there bro.

Sent from grenade range
Old 07-17-2013, 05:48 PM
JK Junkie

Too bad it's not legal to run without the front quarter panels. I like the look all it would need is some paint and imagine the flex you could get.

I'm not hating on the stock aluminums. I've just never like stock wheels. Shoot I even had to change my wheels out on my wife's 2012 Mazda 6 because I want to be able to spot my car if another one parked close to it. I'm just not a stock person I like to make my vehicles stick out in a crowd. In a industry where they make a 200k of the same vehicle it's good to not look like all the clones out there.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
You know what people think when they see stock JK rims spaced out and stuffed with rubber : Thank god its not another Rockstars douche!

Stock wheels look awesome IMO with some plastidip and fat meat. You can find Spidertrax spacers for $100 used all day long, thats what I bought and sold mine for, and it really changes the look of the rig.I personally run 37x14" tires on a 17x9" wheel... I am not technically running a beadlock (Interco BirdDogs) but can drop to 2PSI on trail w/o worries about beads. On factory rubi wheels/tires I was losing beads up front under 16psi. I would have LOVED to put 37x12-17x13 on my stock rims except I went with a field serviceable wheel so I could lose the 5th wheel and tire carrier... Just pack C02 and rubber when I go out.

People love to tell you just to go drop another $1,500 on wheels, yet motherfuckers wont pay for US made products. They will drop coin for a fabbed bumper and carrier to show off their spotless and unrotated Rockstar or Soft 8 spare, then roll around the mall on a fucking chinese parts bin suspension.
Haha tell it like it is, we'll said
Old 07-17-2013, 11:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

35 Treadwrights stock rims plasti dipped black
Old 07-18-2013, 12:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scottz
I would if that was an option, but my choices are replace the stock size or go with Treadwrights and spacers, and I don't want to wear out another set of tires before I go up in size.
Frankly I like the stock wheels on my 2013 JKUR. How long did you wait to get your Treadwrights? Their website says that size is on back order(4-6weeks).
Old 07-18-2013, 12:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
IDK that I would pay $100 for knew cheapo spacers when the top shelf ones are the same price used, and youll get $100 when/if you resale them

I love my BirdDogs... allows me to keep the cost/weight down too as I dont need a carrier or 5th wheel and validates my CO2 setup. Discount sells them for $190 a pop and they are BEEFY, huge lip protectors, and 2 valvestems... They are the ONLY reason I am not running 37s on my plastidipped/spidertrax'd Moabs
I actually like the BirdDogs too. I prefer my black wheels to have a little machining to break up the monotony. what size wheels are you running for $190? The 17's I have seen are all around $225-230 range.

Quick Reply: Treadwright 315/70R17 on stock rims