Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Treadwright 315/70R17 on stock rims

Old 07-17-2013, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front bumper is a RR xhd, and it's a Rubicon 6 speed so I'm not worried about gears. There was a 2010 JP magazine article that says a 2 door with chopped flairs would have no issues with 35's, but I've heard of rubbing at full flex. The article also mentioned using extended bump stops, so that's a cheap idea. Main problem would be carrying the spare, no cheap solutions there.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK Inspired
Love the BIRDDOGS
Thanks... they are the ONLY reason I went with aftermarket wheels, I just regret not going to 15" so I could run "C" ply tires... but at 2-4psi who cares, right???
Old 07-17-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scottz
Front bumper is a RR xhd, and it's a Rubicon 6 speed so I'm not worried about gears. There was a 2010 JP magazine article that says a 2 door with chopped flairs would have no issues with 35's, but I've heard of rubbing at full flex. The article also mentioned using extended bump stops, so that's a cheap idea. Main problem would be carrying the spare, no cheap solutions there.
I rocked factory rubi wheels and tires for 3 years with no regrets, or lockers... then next step was going to be 34" LTBs with no regear until I got a built front axle and HAD to regear the rear.

I really REALLY think you should check out the INTERCO (they make SUPERSWAMPERS) tire line called LTB. Its VERY sticky, but their 34x10 will fit perfectly, wear perfectly, and amaze you. Plus, it is a true 34" that measure larger than most 35"s. Its light, and soft. You will go places on an LTB 34" with lockers that most 37" AT/MTs cant. They simply ADHERE to rocks, and mud/clay isnt an issue at all.

EVERY SINGLE ONLINE GRIPE I READ ABOUT THEM WAS BY PEOPLE WHO NEVER RAN THEM... and they all proved false. They will, however, only give you 25,000 miles or so with a 5 tire rotation. But, at $1,100 a set with lifetime warranty that $1,100 pays for itself as you get 2 years of absolutely getting everything you paid for in that Rubicon. I swear by them, and by this mantra: I paid for a $xx,xxx.xx valued vehicle with the intents of WHEELING IT... so get your moneys worth with minimal outlay. Besides, you dont wanna be the guy who changes his build $XX,XXX.XX into it- this will give you 25,000 miles of SUCK THIS, BIG LIFT BOY!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running 35" Trail Grapplers on stock rims (same size as a 315/70/17 Trail Grappler). You can use the stock carrier with spacer - I think mine is a teraflex. I've got 20,000 miles and some decent off road trips with no issues yet, but I do have a new carrier on my short list of upgrades now. I know some guys have had issue with damage to tail gates, but I've gotten away with it so far.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin

I really REALLY think you should check out the INTERCO (they make SUPERSWAMPERS) tire line called LTB. Its VERY sticky, but their 34x10 will fit perfectly, wear perfectly, and amaze you.
I wish there were more choices in that size. My Jeep is 95% daily driver and when I do get a chance to wheel it is primarily low to moderate trails. For that I can't justify how soon those will wear out. I bought a Rubicon over a base model because I knew I wouldn't be able to talk my wife into those upgrades after the fact.

Last edited by scottz; 07-17-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

I wish there were more choices in that size. My Jeep is 95% daily driver and when I do get a chance to wheel it is primarily low to moderate trails. For that I can't justify how soon those will wear out. I bought a Rubicon over a base model because I knew I wouldn't be able to talk my wife into those upgrades after the fact.
If you are going to pass on my 255/80/17s KM2s (33.1/10.0) that I could let go for $460, sounds like you are a prime candidate for 285/75s (33.8/11.2)
Old 07-17-2013, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
You know what people think when they see stock JK rims spaced out and stuffed with rubber : Thank god its not another Rockstars douche!

Stock wheels look awesome IMO with some plastidip and fat meat. You can find Spidertrax spacers for $100 used all day long, thats what I bought and sold mine for, and it really changes the look of the rig.I personally run 37x14" tires on a 17x9" wheel... I am not technically running a beadlock (Interco BirdDogs) but can drop to 2PSI on trail w/o worries about beads. On factory rubi wheels/tires I was losing beads up front under 16psi. I would have LOVED to put 37x12-17x13 on my stock rims except I went with a field serviceable wheel so I could lose the 5th wheel and tire carrier... Just pack C02 and rubber when I go out.

People love to tell you just to go drop another $1,500 on wheels, yet motherfuckers wont pay for US made products. They will drop coin for a fabbed bumper and carrier to show off their spotless and unrotated Rockstar or Soft 8 spare, then roll around the mall on a fucking chinese parts bin suspension.
I like where your head is. That's a sweet wheel there!

Last edited by COStrider; 07-17-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love.
I just want to do none of the above...."

^^^^^^^^^
"Chapelle Show"

So... all you guys with stock Wheels if there was a sale for 75% off Aftermarket Black Wheels you would pass and say "I like my stock wheels?" I'm going to call "BS"

_______
| B.S. | <---------Here is my BS card and I just pulled it out.
_______
Old 07-17-2013, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm wanting to go to 35's on my 11 Rubicon, and I'm getting a lot of local advice to buy spacers instead of new rims. Treadwright lists a rim size of 8.5-10" for this tire and a tread width of 11.8". Is anyone here running this tire on a stock rim?

Thanks
Pm sent to inbox
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-908664485.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	479105  
Old 07-17-2013, 03:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
"Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love.
I just want to do none of the above...."

^^^^^^^^^
"Chapelle Show"

So... all you guys with stock Wheels if there was a sale for 75% off Aftermarket Black Wheels you would pass and say "I like my stock wheels?" I'm going to call "BS"

_______
| B.S. | <---------Here is my BS card and I just pulled it out.
_______
Who's got 75% of black AEV wheels? I just might join the "blind leading the blind club" for that kinda discount.

Quick Reply: Treadwright 315/70R17 on stock rims