Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Treadwright 315/70R17 on stock rims

Old 07-17-2013, 12:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HogHoden
Well I happen to like my stock wheels. I couldn't find any that I liked enough to justify the cost, so I just sprayed them black and Madden spacers and 35s. Left me more money for other upgrades as well. At the end of the day I'm a function over form guy.

I actually get sick of seeing the same pro comps and rock stars on every jeep in the lot...
Pro junk and junk stars with improper center bore size, I might add. Besides, you can't see wheels when your driving anyway. Stay with MOABS.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:01 AM
JK Freak

In adding, Moabs and a 285/75. If set on 315/70 do a hubcentric 8.5-9.0 wheel
Old 07-17-2013, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will have to go smaller for now. I wanted to do a fender trim and no lift, but I plan to run some trails rated 4/5 on Traildamage.com, plus I still have the stock tire carrier and right now can't afford tires, wheels, lift and bumper with tire carrier.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Buy used tires, stick with your wheels, used spacers, used coil spacers, chop your bumper, and the TF hinges.

Tires (35's) can be had for $1000, wheel spacers from $100-125, spacers can go up to $100, chopping the bumper and flares will cost ya a sawzall blade, and the TF hinges are the second most expensive part at (around...) $450 or so.

If you go smaller then you'll find a good deal on used parts shortly and kick yourself for going smaller. It's just Murphy's law.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HogHoden
Well I happen to like my stock wheels. I couldn't find any that I liked enough to justify the cost, so I just sprayed them black and added spacers and 35s. Left me more money for other upgrades as well. At the end of the day I'm a function over form guy.

I actually get sick of seeing the same pro comps and rock stars on every jeep in the lot...
Yup^^^. Totally agree with you on all points! I did however powder coat them black
Old 07-17-2013, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ^^^Fuck the haterss^^^

You know what people think when they see stock JK rims spaced out and stuffed with rubber : Thank god its not another Rockstars douche!

Stock wheels look awesome IMO with some plastidip and fat meat. You can find Spidertrax spacers for $100 used all day long, thats what I bought and sold mine for, and it really changes the look of the rig.I personally run 37x14" tires on a 17x9" wheel... I am not technically running a beadlock (Interco BirdDogs) but can drop to 2PSI on trail w/o worries about beads. On factory rubi wheels/tires I was losing beads up front under 16psi. I would have LOVED to put 37x12-17x13 on my stock rims except I went with a field serviceable wheel so I could lose the 5th wheel and tire carrier... Just pack C02 and rubber when I go out.

People love to tell you just to go drop another $1,500 on wheels, yet motherfuckers wont pay for US made products. They will drop coin for a fabbed bumper and carrier to show off their spotless and unrotated Rockstar or Soft 8 spare, then roll around the mall on a fucking chinese parts bin suspension.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Default If I was starting from scratch...

If I didnt have cash for regear and not much lift- I would do a set of 34x10 Interco LTBs on factory wheels. All 5 will set you back $1,100 from Discount with hazard warranty, and at that size/wheel combo youll get about 25,000 AWESOME miles out of them. More agressive than most new JEOPLE are good with, but you will NOT regret them.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

Love the BIRDDOGS
Old 07-17-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
The aluminum Stock wheels are ugly why anyone would want to keep them is beyond me. I guess if you don't have the cash for wheels it's an option but your still going to have to run spacers. So for $200 get spacers or pay $600 and get some nice black wheels. Go for the wheels and give your Jeep the custom look your baby deserves.
or $100 spacers and some black paint and not have to cry about tearing up your shiny new black alloy wheels on rocks
worked for me just fine
Old 07-17-2013, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Default ^^^ I would wheel with this guy

IDK that I would pay $100 for knew cheapo spacers when the top shelf ones are the same price used, and youll get $100 when/if you resale them

I love my BirdDogs... allows me to keep the cost/weight down too as I dont need a carrier or 5th wheel and validates my CO2 setup. Discount sells them for $190 a pop and they are BEEFY, huge lip protectors, and 2 valvestems... They are the ONLY reason I am not running 37s on my plastidipped/spidertrax'd Moabs

Quick Reply: Treadwright 315/70R17 on stock rims