Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tread Life? - INTERCO Super Swampers

Old 03-07-2009, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tons of super swamper experience.

I've had literally tons of super swamper experience and have owned many sets. My wife's cousin is the operations manager in Rayne, La. for Interco tire and I get them really cheap. The best tire in their line up bar none is their TrxUs MT. This is an awesome year round tire that you can expect to get more than 40k miles out of. Here is the link, http://intercotire.com/tires.php?id=11&g=1 If balancing is a problem, you can have them shaved for usually aroung 15.00 dollars per tire.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AK Jeeper
I've had literally tons of super swamper experience and have owned many sets. My wife's cousin is the operations manager in Rayne, La. for Interco tire and I get them really cheap. The best tire in their line up bar none is their TrxUs MT. This is an awesome year round tire that you can expect to get more than 40k miles out of. Here is the link, http://intercotire.com/tires.php?id=11&g=1 If balancing is a problem, you can have them shaved for usually aroung 15.00 dollars per tire.

A couple of weeks ago I was in Moab and one of the guys in our group had 37" TrxUs tires. I was impressed with them. They semed to have better traction on the rocks than my KM2's; and he wasn't aired down as much as I was. They did a whole lot better than the MTR's a couple of people had. This was the first set of TrxUs tires I've been around as Interco doesn't seem to have much of a presence out here on the Western Slope. But then we don't have a lot of mud. I'd like to know more about these tires. How load are they on the freeway, how doe they wear, how long do they last, how hard are they to balance and how do they do in the snow and ice?
Old 03-08-2009, 03:40 AM
JK Junkie

When you're shopping for M/Ts, IMO, you shouldn't be worried about tread life.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
When you're shopping for M/Ts, IMO, you shouldn't be worried about tread life.
I tend to agree. I'm not looking to get 30 or 40 or 60k out of a tire. In fact I've got about 6-7k on my 35" KM2's, and while they're in great shape, I'm looking to go bigger. So I find it hard to think of having a tire much over 15k.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

They look sick

on pro comp 7089
Old 03-08-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuck45
A couple of weeks ago I was in Moab and one of the guys in our group had 37" TrxUs tires. I was impressed with them. They semed to have better traction on the rocks than my KM2's; and he wasn't aired down as much as I was. They did a whole lot better than the MTR's a couple of people had. This was the first set of TrxUs tires I've been around as Interco doesn't seem to have much of a presence out here on the Western Slope. But then we don't have a lot of mud. I'd like to know more about these tires. How load are they on the freeway, how doe they wear, how long do they last, how hard are they to balance and how do they do in the snow and ice?
They're not very loud at all. About the same as a BFG A/T. As long as the air pressure is right, they wear very well. They can be a bit challenging to balance but no more so than any other large heavy duty tire from other companies. They do very good on the snow and much better than I expected on the ice. Actually better on the ice than any other mud tire I've ever had.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AK Jeeper
They're not very loud at all. About the same as a BFG A/T. As long as the air pressure is right, they wear very well. They can be a bit challenging to balance but no more so than any other large heavy duty tire from other companies. They do very good on the snow and much better than I expected on the ice. Actually better on the ice than any other mud tire I've ever had.
Thanks for the info. I notice you're from Alaska so your comment on ice and snow is important to me as I'm in Colorado. In reading other reviews I found after a Google search one person mentioned that it beat all comers in snow. One of my main concerns was the balance issue as I have heard of problems with balancing them. If the noise is about the same as a BFG AT that's good as I have no problem with the noise of mt BFK MT KM2's.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MOWrangler
The very nature of bias ply tires is that they are round because of how the belts go around the tire, where radials tent to be flat and last a lot longer.

They do really look cool, though. I'm having a heck of a time trying to decide what I am going to do for tires when I have to replace the ones I am running now. I got the 36x13x16 TSL's for free, but there are only four of them so every time I go wheeling I am a little nervous about losing a tire. I am either going to have to pony up and get one for a spare, or pick which road-friendly 35's I am going to run and buy a whole set.
It should be noted that the sidewall on a bias TSL is easily twice as thick as your standard radial. I run bias ply on my other jeep because I got sick of slashing radials.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

I have the super swamper SSRs on my with about 30'000 miles and the step that is on the two center lugs is only about 1/2 worn. I have a 30 mile drive to work and I don't think they make that much noise either.
JT
Old 03-08-2009, 08:41 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JTs-JK
I have the super swamper SSRs on my with about 30'000 miles and the step that is on the two center lugs is only about 1/2 worn. I have a 30 mile drive to work and I don't think they make that much noise either.
JT
the ssr's definitely last longer and are pretty nice.

Quick Reply: Tread Life? - INTERCO Super Swampers