Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transplanting TPMS

Old 08-02-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Procal will get rid light too?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it's Napa that has a rebuild kit that consists of a new rubber seal for around $5 per sensor.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dinojeep
Procal will get rid light too?
Yes it will. I just paid for the rebuild Kit. I was not in the mood to argue with the shop anymore. The counter guy was 30 years older than me and obviously knew a whole lot more about everything in the world than me.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by weekendjeep

I put the sensors in a 3" pipe welded it up and installed a valve added 3o pounds of air put it under the seat and no more light!
That's a great idea.

Originally Posted by weekendjeep
Why not just get rid of them? I did. No problems!
Because unless you do the above or flash it, the idiot light stays all the time and the warning bells chime.

Originally Posted by Friday2322
I think it's Napa that has a rebuild kit that consists of a new rubber seal for around $5 per sensor.
Worth a look. Got a NAPA on the corner
Old 08-03-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Crazy part- they say that TPMS won't work with aftermarket wheels. My wheels are almost the opposite of the stock since they are 10" wide but the sensors work just fine.....so I think they are full of crap.
All passenger car and light truck wheels sold in the US have the exact same size hole for the tire valve. All valves are designed to properly fit that hole. It is a DOT requirement. All TPMS stems are the same as the valves. Any tire dealer that says different is either an idiot or a liar.

Quick Reply: Transplanting TPMS