Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transmission swap

Old 03-18-2013, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission swap

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO unfortunitly its looking like i need a new transmission. the NSG-370 that i have is creaking , grinding, ticking, and just over all dying while i try and scrape up the money for a new one. so he is the question.

"to rebuild or not to rebuild, that is the question"

so i wanted to know would it be smarter to have the rebuild done and keep the transmission that came with my 08 or is there a better option that is stronger. my jeep is not a hardcore crawler rig but i just want to make it bulletproof. im putting a centerforce II dual friction in with the procedure . i want to be able to teach my kids how to drive on this ( im 19)
Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

If it were me (and admittedly it is not) I would rebuild it...but then, I like to do those kind of things. Easy way, get a new or rebuilt one from a vendor.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

any list of possible places to just pay online and have it crated to you i just want to get it and get some buddies and a and get to work on a weekend or so
Old 03-18-2013, 09:58 AM
JK Junkie

Try giving the shops that do HEMI and Diesel swaps a call. Many times they'll have motor and trannies laying around from recent swaps that they'll sell, or they'll know someone who recently did a swap and is willing to sell. Also check CL, local salvage yards (often times they'll have a warrehouse of just motors and trannies), and other more local Jeep forums.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can't anything local give these guys a call. They're a local Jeep specific wrecking yard.
Olympic 4x4. I'm pretty sure they would have a transmission for you. I think the website is Oly4x4.com it's in Snohomish WA.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Okay so maybe a rebuild is not in order check out this older thread its my exact symptoms you guys have and answer to my last question

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...8/#post3479060

Quick Reply: Transmission swap