Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transmission lines

Old 02-22-2014, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Transmission lines

Does anyone know if the transmission line by the radiator is covered under the unlimited power train warranty thanks
Old 02-22-2014, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2012? Leaking? There is a recall if yes.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by gunbo75
Does anyone know if the transmission line by the radiator is covered under the unlimited power train warranty thanks
On your 2008 JK, the lines have an extended warranty for leakage at the crimped fittings where the rubber meets the steel lines.
The warranty is extended to 7 years/70,000 miles.

The lines are not covered by the lifetime powertrain warranty.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
On your 2008 JK, the lines have an extended warranty for leakage at the crimped fittings where the rubber meets the steel lines. The warranty is extended to 7 years/70,000 miles. The lines are not covered by the lifetime powertrain warranty.
^Yup. I was passed the recall...for giggles called Chrysler to see if there was anything they could do...couldn't care less even though they know it's a issues.

I wanted to do the work myself however due to work and the leak...had to give in say "uncle" and took her in yesterday all fixed up.

I did get the old lines back and have plans to rebuild them so I have trail spares for myself or a fellow Jeeper
Old 02-22-2014, 02:52 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by webejeepin
^Yup. I was passed the recall...for giggles called Chrysler to see if there was anything they could do...couldn't care less even though they know it's a issues.

I wanted to do the work myself however due to work and the leak...had to give in say "uncle" and took her in yesterday all fixed up.

I did get the old lines back and have plans to rebuild them so I have trail spares for myself or a fellow Jeeper
Double-check the dealer's work. Look at the plastic clip retainers on both ends of both lines to make sure they are completely seated.
I read a few years ago where a JK burned to the ground on the way home from this same repair.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

^ LOL thanks Ron. I was thinking of all the posts on this topic you've written, and I was tempted to ask the dealer / tech to look at my iPod and show him this info.

I didn't, however, I did inspect the two ends at the front while I was in their lot....no gaps...checking the other two tomorrow now that jeep is in garage. (Couldn't before due to slush in the lot...didn't drive very far)

Now I have a nice project to look into...rebuilding my old lines. Nothing wrong with the hard lines, rather the crimp to rubber interface.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:00 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by webejeepin
^ LOL thanks Ron. I was thinking of all the posts on this topic you've written, and I was tempted to ask the dealer / tech to look at my iPod and show him this info.

I didn't, however, I did inspect the two ends at the front while I was in their lot....no gaps...checking the other two tomorrow now that jeep is in garage. (Couldn't before due to slush in the lot...didn't drive very far)

Now I have a nice project to look into...rebuilding my old lines. Nothing wrong with the hard lines, rather the crimp to rubber interface.
I'm about halfway through converting my old hard lines to AN fittings, and fabbing a couple hoses.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all who replied.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same here. I have the ORW tranny cooler, so one of the rubber hoses has been replaced. I am going to swap the other rubber nose for AN fittings also.

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I'm about halfway through converting my old hard lines to AN fittings, and fabbing a couple hoses.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know of two JK's that burned to the ground an mine caught fire from fluid leaking from the same connection where the hard line and hose meet.

Quick Reply: Transmission lines