Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transmission Fluid Change

Old 02-22-2011, 02:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Transmission Fluid Change

I will be changing my auto transmission fluid over to Royal Purple synthetic fluid in the near future... My question is, does anyone know if there is a drain plug in the torque converter to drain the fluid, or will I need to take it to a tranny shop to have the complete system flushed????
Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKAddiction
I will be changing my auto transmission fluid over to Royal Purple synthetic fluid in the near future... My question is, does anyone know if there is a drain plug in the torque converter to drain the fluid, or will I need to take it to a tranny shop to have the complete system flushed????
No, there is no converter plug. One option is to change just the fluid in the pan 3-4 times over the course of 2 weeks. Pull the pan and change the filter the first time (maybe install a drain plug!), and then get a hand pump to putt it out of the dipstick for the rest, or use an installed drain plug.

You can get a whole new transmission pan for $10 from your dealer. Then get a drain plug kit from B&M for $10 or so and your set.

Quick Reply: Transmission Fluid Change