Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transmission fault codes AFTER AEV Procal install from regearing my 2012 JKU

Old 09-16-2012, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission fault codes AFTER AEV Procal install from regearing my 2012 JKU

hope someone can help......
I installed new front and rear end and took the stock 3.37's out in favor for 4.88's. I read all about the Procal and "limp mode" in the 2012 auto tranny. Had the swap done, they adjusted the computer with the Procal. Drove half way home (15 miles) and when traffic brought me to a stop the tranny stopped changing gears and would only start off in 2 cd and hit 3rd but nothing else. The manual lever to chose my desired gear did not work either. Limped it home, let it sit and reprogrammed it. Found if I started in drive it didnt work just 2 and 3rd gear but if I started to drive in first gear and manually go through the gears it worked normal, just manually.
Took to dodge, the old timer whos been at dodge 35 years put all settings back to stock, drove it and was happy. I drove it for 5-10 min and all seemed well. Took the jeep home, ran errands for 30-40 min and BAM, same thing happened again, 2cd and 3rd only. I took back to dodge and they hooked up to their computer and all of the same codes were lit up again. I restored the system from my pro cal, the tech then checked with his and all of the codes were cleared again. From this point I set the procal to 4.88's again and went home ( Saturday afternoon). Its Sunday morning and I went to starbucks and darn check engine light came on again so I was certain the Tranny was doing the same thing but it didn't, although it did seem to not grad reverse right away when I was parking. It shifted well on the way home as it should but again the check engine light came on and not sure what this is.

Is there anyone who has similar experiences with the 2012 JK gear change and Procal not being the "simple" quick fix that I read so much about on here???

Please help.........

Quick Reply: Transmission fault codes AFTER AEV Procal install from regearing my 2012 JKU