Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: What happened with the warranty?
(you) Installed aftermarket cooler - no warranty issues
87.50%
(you) Installed aftermarket cooler - yes warranty issues
12.50%
Dealer installed aftermarket cooler - warranty intact
0%
Dealer installed aftermetket cooler - warranty still void
0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Transmission Cooler - Warranty

Old 04-05-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Transmission Cooler - Warranty

I'm just curious as to the effect of a tranny cooler has on the warranty. It seems to vary by dealer so let's find out. And by void the warranty I mean refuse to stand behind the transmission should there be any issues.

Last edited by AirJordan613; 04-05-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer told me to put one on. They are great though, so I doubt they would give a problem either way.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Michiguy
My dealer told me to put one on. They are great though, so I doubt they would give a problem either way.
Did you go with the b&m?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need another option. How about, "I installed the cooler and I don't give a flying f@#k about the warranty because it's not worth the paper it's written on anyway".
Old 04-06-2011, 03:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by skibum
Need another option. How about, "I installed the cooler and I don't give a flying f@#k about the warranty because it's not worth the paper it's written on anyway".
I like your thinking
Old 04-06-2011, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2...........
Old 04-06-2011, 04:00 AM
JK Newbie

Thats the sad truth !
Old 04-06-2011, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post To Cool or not to Cool....

What it comes down to, do you want to head off problems before they occur by installing a trans cooler ? Chrysler can NOT void your warranty, as they have a TSB for "international" JKs ( our Canadian bros are getting this done as we speak) for this issue. WHEN this TSB becomes available for the country that made Jeep ( No irony here, huh) they may-or may not- foot the bill for your cooler, but void the warranty? No F$$king way, the resulting Class Action lawsuit would force them to reveal the engineering defects that caused the over heat problem to begin with, and be one heck of a black eye for a company struggling to regain "Market Share" If your JK came with a "Factory Tow Package" and no auxillary cooler -( and none had this cooler,by the way) then you have double the ammunition...My OPINION is that they will quietly retrofit the Mopar cooler, and honor warranties. This has to come from Corporate. Don't expect Dealers, usually the last to know. to be on board with this yet. Fiat is still trying to clean up the damage Daimler did to the brand. My OPINION is that they will want to resolve this without bloodshed...
Old 04-06-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
What it comes down to, do you want to head off problems before they occur by installing a trans cooler ? Chrysler can NOT void your warranty, as they have a TSB for "international" JKs ( our Canadian bros are getting this done as we speak) for this issue. WHEN this TSB becomes available for the country that made Jeep ( No irony here, huh) they may-or may not- foot the bill for your cooler, but void the warranty? No F$$king way, the resulting Class Action lawsuit would force them to reveal the engineering defects that caused the over heat problem to begin with, and be one heck of a black eye for a company struggling to regain "Market Share" If your JK came with a "Factory Tow Package" and no auxillary cooler -( and none had this cooler,by the way) then you have double the ammunition...My OPINION is that they will quietly retrofit the Mopar cooler, and honor warranties. This has to come from Corporate. Don't expect Dealers, usually the last to know. to be on board with this yet. Fiat is still trying to clean up the damage Daimler did to the brand. My OPINION is that they will want to resolve this without bloodshed...
If I go with the b&m do you think they would pick up the tab should they implement a tsb in the future?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by AirJordan613
If I go with the b&m do you think they would pick up the tab should they implement a tsb in the future?
If it comes out as a recall, yes.
It it remains a TSB, it could go either way.

Quick Reply: Transmission Cooler - Warranty