Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transmission cooler

Old 09-27-2015, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
That's the one. I have installed a few of these. Very nice kit.
How difficult was the install? And did you flush your transmission or have it serviced after you installed it?
Old 09-27-2015, 05:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by JKUHELO1
How difficult was the install? And did you flush your transmission or have it serviced after you installed it?
Easy install. But that depends on the individual. Adding a cooler doesn't in itself generate the need to flush the transmission. Didn't loose more than a few drops of fluid when the lines were disconnected, but added a little to the sump once the cooler filled. It wasn't much.

(See added photo above.)
Old 09-27-2015, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Easy install. But that depends on the individual. Adding a cooler doesn't in itself generate the need to flush the transmission. Didn't loose more than a few drops of fluid when the lines were disconnected, but added a little to the sump once the cooler filled. It wasn't much. (See added photo above.)
Think I'll go for this one on my 08 JKU it sounds fairly simple and under a few hours installation time. Thx for all the help I appreciate it.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:49 AM
CT2
JK Enthusiast

Another option that works as good as the factory but cheep as hell.
Just get a used Ford 2000-2003 trans cooler and some 3/8" line with 3ea 3/8 compression to 3/8" barb connectors.
One fitting for the cooler..forgot exact part # sorry

Cut then new cooler into the cold line coming from the radiator line back to the trans and install the new cooler lines.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0678.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	626388   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0677.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	626389  
Old 10-05-2015, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nthinuf
B&M coolers are popular. You can find a an installation writeup up in the JK-Writeups area. (there is an Index stuck to the top, check the Performance section.)

This is actually a very good addition for these 3.8 auto's.
If you use this write up your lines that you splice into will eventually start to weep fluid. Do yourself a favor and cut off the aluminum caps and connect the hose the the barbed fitting on the factory hard line. Mine has been good ever since I ditched the factory fittings and used fuel hose clamps. I posted a picture and parts list I used in the modified tech section.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used the B&M on my 2010 after burning up the transmission(under warranty) luckily.
Easy install and great price.

And yes the factory connections will weap.

Quick Reply: Transmission cooler