Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transfer Case Weight and Vibration

Old 11-14-2011, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transfer Case Weight and Vibration

Can someone please provide advice on the transfer case weight I see bolted to some JK transfer cases. I understand that all JKs did not have them and I am wondering if my manual transmission 2008 had one taken off when someone installed the 3" lift on my ride. The lift was installed when I purchased it and was poorly executed. I have added adjustable lowers and uppers to get the drive shaft angles correct to eliminate vibration. I have a little (vibration) beginning at 75 MPH but it is mostly gone at 80 MPH. I am wondering if the addition of the "weight" will remove any remaining vibration. Obviously I see my shifter vibrating side-to-side rapidly during the aforementioned interval. Replys are appreciated...thanks!

Quick Reply: Transfer Case Weight and Vibration