Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transfer case swap help?

Old 05-07-2013, 05:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Transfer case swap help?

Anyone here do a transfer case swap? Have a 2012 sport (Manual trans) and looking to swap in a rubi case from a 2010. Can't seem to really find any write ups anywhere on it. I understand its a pretty easy direct swap. Just wondering what all is involved before taking it on. Take more than two people to drop one and install new one? Anything special needed to do it? Is it better to have it up on a lift to do or can it be done in a drive way, ect. Any direction would be great.

The case is coming from a 2010 Rubi with about 15K miles on it (mine has 28K). They are doing an LS swap and the OR case aparently doesn't work. So i would be giving them my case plus $450. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kh202
Anyone here do a transfer case swap? Have a 2012 sport (Manual trans) and looking to swap in a rubi case from a 2010. Can't seem to really find any write ups anywhere on it. I understand its a pretty easy direct swap. Just wondering what all is involved before taking it on. Take more than two people to drop one and install new one? Anything special needed to do it? Is it better to have it up on a lift to do or can it be done in a drive way, ect. Any direction would be great.

The case is coming from a 2010 Rubi with about 15K miles on it (mine has 28K). They are doing an LS swap and the OR case aparently doesn't work. So i would be giving them my case plus $450. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Thanks
Call me, I did this in my 2008, super easy.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swapped in a rubi case about 5 years back, real easy as I recall. Did it on the garage floor and lowered/lifted with my motorcycle lift. Took about 4 hours as I recall and a part of that was with the upper right hand tcase bolt.

Quick Reply: Transfer case swap help?