Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transfer case linkage

Old 08-21-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transfer case linkage

Anyone know of a real aftermarket replacement for the schiesse plastic knob that breaks off the linkage, rendering you stuck in whatever drive mode you were in (eg: 2WD, 4HI, 4LO)? Of course, mine--like soooo many others'----broke on the beach.

Just wondering if there are any purpose-built ones out there vice "jury rig" zip-ties and other stop gaps???
Old 02-21-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by vedo13
Anyone know of a real aftermarket replacement for the schiesse plastic knob that breaks off the linkage, rendering you stuck in whatever drive mode you were in (eg: 2WD, 4HI, 4LO)? Of course, mine--like soooo many others'----broke on the beach.

Just wondering if there are any purpose-built ones out there vice "jury rig" zip-ties and other stop gaps???
Hey, this is a good question that went un-answered. I had mine break on a trail ride yesterday. Anyone??
Old 02-21-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tinglima
Here's a heavy duty solution from Advance Adapters.
advanceadapters.com/products/pn-715596/
Thanks for the link. I was looking for just a replacement for the last linkage (connection) on the side of the T-case. That's the only place mine broke.

Last edited by Robar; 02-21-2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Edited clickable link
Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Super Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...r+case+linkage

This link identifies my (and many others) problem. Still no permanent fix???
Old 02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by oO_Rogue_Oo
The current "permanent fix" was posted above and dismissed by the OP because he only needs the tiny litttle plastic piece on the end. Those are available at the dealer; buy a good supply of them LOL

OR

once again the "permanent fix is posted above.
That's what I was afraid of.........Thanks.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oO_Rogue_Oo
The current "permanent fix" was posted above and dismissed by the OP because he only needs the tiny litttle plastic piece on the end. Those are available at the dealer; buy a good supply of them LOL

OR

once again the "permanent fix is posted above.

Hmm....I don't remember "dismissing" any particular solution. That sounds rather harsh and out of context. I suppose the post with the solution you refer to was taken down, because I certainly don't see it in this thread anymore. As well, my response seems to be missing here, but I suppose I did opt out of the cable, as I never bought one. I bought 5 plastic pieces for less than $2. I most definitely, though, never said it was not a good solution. Likely, it wasn't particularly a good solution for me and my limited budget at the time. However....

If I should find that I am approaching the benchmark of having purchased $189 (or even half that) worth of these little plastic knobs, I shall most definitely consider the wisdom of buying this handy dandy cable. More likely, though, I will get entirely pissed off enough at the little bastard buttons for breaking again at the most absolutely inconvenient time, and in my ire, break down and order one. Sooner or later. For now (as then), though, my lack of $$ and a place to install the damned thing propagates my laziness and I have settled for the much cheaper, and obviously much inferior solution. I do hope you can live with that as easily as I can. I do apologize if, in my original response, I somehow made your response seem as if it were utterly worthless. At least, that is the tone that your latest post projects. Obviously, it's quite the opposite that is true, especially for others, if not quite the ideal option right now for me. In the meantime, I'm sure it is as much a blessing for Mr. Calypso as it is for myself that you have revisited this year and a half-old thread.

Thank you so much for re-posting. You are truely an oracle to the lost.
Vedo

Last edited by vedo13; 02-21-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

My fix
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...shifter-repair.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah. It seems like a rock solid cable! I'm just a cheapskate. I admit, though, it's hard to shake off the laughs of the FJ and Bummer drivers gawking at me on the side of the beach road as I'm on my back taking off the skid plate to fix the thing! I suppose I'll learn.......

Quick Reply: Transfer case linkage