Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

trans help

Old 06-27-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jerzeyjeep
yep it seems these slots on the bottom are the cause for all my headaches. i thought they are supposed to be trail rated too. i have no idea about the warranty yet. they shop manager seems to think it is going to be voided. i think not i have a few tricks up my sleve. i have read the manual fron to back and i didn't do anything that the book nor the comercials said it could do. now since i do have a lift and rather large tires dosen't negate teh fact that the jeep is supposed to handle this. thats why jeep has the damn badge. i will keep you informed of the progress. as for wiping the mud off there is no hiding the evidence the shop manager told me that mud was way up on top of the tranny where you wouldn't be able to see it. don't wait to take the truck in you might have more headaches in the long run. waiting for round two.
If there are slits on the trans that allow gunk in how does the oil stay in????
Old 06-29-2007, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4JEXEP4
If there are slits on the trans that allow gunk in how does the oil stay in????
The slits are at the bellhousing, not the transmission. There are no fluids contained in the bellhousing.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would go to the dealer and start spouting off about lemon laws
...and you wonder why dealers seem unfriendly.

Originally Posted by lightning
The slits are at the bellhousing, not the transmission. There are no fluids contained in the bellhousing.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I believe that in the wrangler brochure there are jeeps deep in water and mud. Is there a disclaimer "don't try this at home" under the pics???

Quick Reply: trans help