Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trailmaster...Yea or nay?

Old 06-19-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for clarifiying. Like I said, maybe I was wrong. I never doubted your support though.

Originally Posted by sirhk100
Actually, let me clarify a little more... We have in house urethane capabilities here. Turn around on a mold and production run of parts takes maybe a week the first time. So, we knew we were going for a 5" front 3" rear on this kit. A three inch spacer in the rear imo wasn't anything crazy or out of this world scary. New coils take 12-16 weeks to get from our supplier. So we shipped for about 3 months with a rear spacer. That's the only difference from the 1st to 2nd version of this kit.

For the 3rd version, like I said, we still have the original 3 jeeps running around this area with no complaints or issues but from all the feedback we made a running change and added the trackbar bracketry.

Khris
Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Decon...

Thanks for the heads up notice on the welding issue. I'll make sure a note get's added for future interests.

Just a quick heads up though. You could easily install the entire kit in your garage and then drive across town to your local welder to have it done. Obviously don't be hot rodding it there or urban crawling across some short cut on the way though... It's just a quick little 2" long bead that needs to be done. If you prep the weld area yourself I can't imagine any welder charging you more then his minimum charge to strike an arch or maybe a 12 pack of beer if you go to a more low key place.

Shoot me a PM if you have any issues or questions during the install and I'll get you my direct number if you have any issues.

The phone orders... We were primarily a company setup to sell just to the jobbers, not to the consumers. We just recently setup that shoptron thing and depending on how that goes we may eventually setup to sell phone direct but not yet.

Khris
Old 06-20-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

Thanks- I'll keep ya' updated
Old 06-20-2008, 05:02 PM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ryan37
A simple BB will fit 35"s. Unless money is no object. Or the currie leveling kit is very nice for 33's, it comes with brake lines and adjustable sway bar links. Very complete for a BB type kit.
For your information....Yeah they will fit for on road use...but it will rub offroad...if you wanna wheel with 35's 3 inch is the minimum imho... 4" is ideal.

KSK
Old 06-20-2008, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ksk
For your information....Yeah they will fit for on road use...but it will rub offroad...if you wanna wheel with 35's 3 inch is the minimum imho... 4" is ideal.

KSK

Ahhh yes- thanks for that too: I forgot about that lil' tidbit-- besides- WHY go with a cheapy budget boost (spacers) when for a lil' more you can get 4 new springs?????

I like the idea of having a lil' extra clearence-- not just the minimum needed
Old 06-21-2008, 03:12 AM
JK Newbie

I can't wait till the all the T&D is done for the 5" kit .Reason being I live way over seas and would'nt mind getting a kit with drive shafts included.I see Trail Master proving to alot of people that thier new kits will meet up to standards.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bombs671
I can't wait till the all the T&D is done for the 5" kit .Reason being I live way over seas and would'nt mind getting a kit with drive shafts included.I see Trail Master proving to alot of people that thier new kits will meet up to standards.
the next kit or *step* up DOES have drive shafts: for now I'm chancing I wont need them............
Old 06-23-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I believe we'll sell the driveshafts individually... Just a FYI
Old 06-23-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

Something tells me the stockers arn't gonna last all that long! I have a feeling you'll be hearing from me soon once the kit is in!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd be really curious as to how much life you do get out of the stock setup.

Quick Reply: Trailmaster...Yea or nay?