Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trail Master Lift

Old 05-27-2010, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jvalason
Depending on what kind of wheeling you do why not save up a little bit more money and go rock krawler or terraflex?
Why not save the money and go with this kit? There isn't as much info/feedback about this lift as some of the other brands but so far I've heard nothing negative. It looks like they've built an affordable, quality lift. I'll let you know after I buy mine!! Anyone out there who has experience with this kit on the trail please give us your thoughts.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by paul1k2k
Why not save the money and go with this kit? There isn't as much info/feedback about this lift as some of the other brands but so far I've heard nothing negative. It looks like they've built an affordable, quality lift. I'll let you know after I buy mine!! Anyone out there who has experience with this kit on the trail please give us your thoughts.
I've got a ton of experience wheeling with this kit... but my opinion my be a little biased .

For those that will be in the Truck & Jeep event next month in Ontario we will have our Green Jeep on display will a few items we've been testing for the last year.

Yates
Old 05-27-2010, 02:57 PM
JK Jedi

Close up of the rear trackbar bracket and control arm ball joint. Notice the ball joints have cap screws. They are graphite impregnated and sealed instead of having grease fittings.
[/QUOTE]

You sure those aren't needle zerk grease fittings?
Old 05-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by bondsy
Close up of the rear trackbar bracket and control arm ball joint. Notice the ball joints have cap screws. They are graphite impregnated and sealed instead of having grease fittings.
You sure those aren't needle zerk grease fittings?[/QUOTE]

They are Socket Head Cap Screws. These are very high-end joints. A couple of other manufacturers are using a similar joint.

Yates
Old 05-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

PM me where you purchased the kit so that I can track it down for you. Thanks!

Yates
Old 05-27-2010, 09:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RchyRch650
nice, looks good

be sure to put the before and afters up as quickly as you can, really want to see this kit on another jeep
I'll have pics up this weekend. As mentioned a few days ago, I put my stock coils back in so I could get a few accurate before/after pics to see exactly what the coils will do for a stock set up. The only difference being I didn't take off the 35" MTR's when I down-sized. I've got a few minor adjustments left to make and I should be able to get them done tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Until then, here's some pics of coil comparisons and a fuzzy shot of my jeep.

Front coils - stock, Teraflex 2.5" and Trail Master

Rear coils - stock, Teraflex 2.5" and Trail Master (no, that's not the front coil again)

Old 05-28-2010, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone measured the lift before and after? It looks like it sits pretty level. Does it really come out to 5" front and 3" rear? All the pics look good guys, keep them coming!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

I took a quick measurement last night and it looks like I'll have a little over 5" in the front and 4" in the back. But keep in mind that I also have a bumper, skidplate and winch on the front that weighs approx. 200lbs.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

What is the ride like compared to stock?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by superstroked
What is the ride like compared to stock?
IMO, at about 500 miles post lift, very tight and slightly rougher than stock

Quick Reply: Trail Master Lift