Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trail Master Lift

Old 05-07-2010, 05:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking at this lift for a couple of weeks. I think I'm going to get it installed next week. I'm alo going to get bigger wheels and tires. I would like to get some 40's howerver I'm not sure. I have been told that if I run 40s than I should get bigger rims as well. Right now I have 35 12.50 17. Any and All Advice is needed.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 PM
JK Freak

My lift kit showed up today. Here are a few pics for anyone interested. It took about three weeks for the kit to show up after ordered. But I really didn't mind since Quadratec didn't charge my card until the shipment actually went out.

The box came UPS freight wrapped in plastic on a pallet.

Springs, control arms and trackbar (still wrapped up)

More control arms, shocks, bumpstops, brake lines and stuff

I took my 2.5" Teraflex springs off my jeep last week and put the stock springs back in so I could get a true measurement on exactly how much lift the new springs will give me.

The Trailmaster springs are roughly 3" longer than my Teraflex springs

A sample of some of the parts in the kit

Close up of the rear trackbar bracket and control arm ball joint. Notice the ball joints have cap screws. They are graphite impregnated and sealed instead of having grease fittings.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice@#! now where are the before and afters?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

nice, looks good

be sure to put the before and afters up as quickly as you can, really want to see this kit on another jeep
Old 05-25-2010, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Default Im running this kit

Just had it installed less than a month ago. This was a $3000 kit a month ago as well. I'm trying to figure out how it dropped in price $1300!?!?!? Just my luck of course.

I've got less than 500 miles on the lift on an 09 JK Rubi 6-speed. Im running 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Since this is my first Jeep and first lift, I really dont have anything to compare this lift to. I'm still getting things dialed in, the Jeep is supposed to go back to the shop next weekend for one last adjustment.

My only concern at this point is:
1. Figuring out if I can live with a near non-existant 6th gear, or if I will re-gear.
2. How I am going to mount the full size spare with f-ing up the tailgate, Or-Fab or MBRP extender bracket.
3. If removing the TPMS monitors from my old stock rims to my new ones will work and cure the TPMS dash light, or if I need to disable it.
4. Why my ESP light will flash and seemingly engage when I take a turn a little too hard and how I will rectify that prob.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0152..jpg
Views:	421
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	69563  
Old 05-26-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

wow complete lift. Looks great with 35s too. Get some flex shots please
Old 05-26-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

+ 1 For some FLEX SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cheynei
Just had it installed less than a month ago. This was a $3000 kit a month ago as well. I'm trying to figure out how it dropped in price $1300!?!?!? Just my luck of course.

I've got less than 500 miles on the lift on an 09 JK Rubi 6-speed. Im running 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Since this is my first Jeep and first lift, I really dont have anything to compare this lift to. I'm still getting things dialed in, the Jeep is supposed to go back to the shop next weekend for one last adjustment.

My only concern at this point is:
1. Figuring out if I can live with a near non-existant 6th gear, or if I will re-gear.
2. How I am going to mount the full size spare with f-ing up the tailgate, Or-Fab or MBRP extender bracket.
3. If removing the TPMS monitors from my old stock rims to my new ones will work and cure the TPMS dash light, or if I need to disable it.
4. Why my ESP light will flash and seemingly engage when I take a turn a little too hard and how I will rectify that prob.
Man that is a tuff looking rig! Very nice!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Default Will try for flex shots!

This is my weekend toy, I fight for wheel time it seems!
Anyways, so far the lift is good, no complaints, I will feel happier once I fix those minor problems I identified before. This is a complete lift, not too mention made right here in AZ which helps when you have a Trailmaster rep coming to your offroad shop to make sure everything is good.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

I wanna know how well the drive shafts are going to hold up

Quick Reply: Trail Master Lift