Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trade to Rubi or build my Sahara

Old 02-15-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you factor in the additional insurance cost and qualified interest rate on a Rubicon?

I only ask because we test drove a Subaru WRX for my wife and everything looked good until we called our insurance company for a quote.
YIKES!!!! Almost double and we both have clean driving records...Go figure.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Jedi

like many have stated build the Sahara, you will get hit hard on trade-in and the loss of the trade-in you can put towards mods! The Sahara is a very capable rig off-road and this way with your mods will have a Unique rig!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MOst all these threads asking what should I do is always missing an important factor, WHAT TYPE OF WHEELING are you going to do?
Hard trails, easy trails, rocks, mud, forest roads?

If you are into serious wheeling, build up the Sahara.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Keep it and mod it. Why buy new when your just gonna rip parts off and install aftermarket anyway?
Old 02-15-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maddmauler
Keep it and mod it. Why buy new when your just gonna rip parts off and install aftermarket anyway?
Agree , keep it and mod it.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

I was in the same boat last month with my JKU. I wanted to keep the sahara and do more mods but I got a screaming deal and for $3000 more I got a Rubi Unlimited with a better lift 2 years newer 37's and navigation. Otherwise I would have kept the sahara. And I do miss the painted flares.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by pontiac31
I was in the same boat last month with my JKU. I wanted to keep the sahara and do more mods but I got a screaming deal and for $3000 more I got a Rubi Unlimited with a better lift 2 years newer 37's and navigation. Otherwise I would have kept the sahara. And I do miss the painted flares.
Wow....who did you rape on that deal???
Old 02-16-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maddmauler
x3. It's all a matter of preference. I like my Sahara and I have pretty much modified it to my specs, with a few more mods waiting until my money tree blooms this spring... Keep the Sahara and build it up. Just my $.02
Old 02-19-2011, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Ok, sold on the idea of keeping the rig. Called my local dealers and found one that will honor my lifetime warranty despite lift/gears... Service manager wheels.

Quick Reply: Trade to Rubi or build my Sahara